That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

8 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

So is JL's ceiling at this point MJ2 numbers ($281m DOM)?

300m is pretty much gone.

Man, who could have seeing this coming after how huge WW was this summer?

281 would be a 3x from JL's ow so looks like the ceiling. BO is crazy and never say never, but MJ2 numbers look like the ceiling. I don't think it will go below 240 dom barring a surprise. 260 odd seems real.

7 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

Actually, I've had a tremendous year, MVP. My meta-prediction, the one all the others feed in to, is that WB will finish 2017 with the DOM studio title. We're in the lead on that.

Bet you're nervous, LOL. 

@SteveJaros predicting box office theories...

giphy.gif

I'm gonna add one of the famous equations 

Disney dom - Coco - Thor3 > WB dom. 

"mmw" (mark my words)

• Haha 9

We'll see but I'm holding to my prediction that JL is in trouble over the next 5 days. It's very rare to see two family films with glowing WOM in the market place at the same time. And one of those films has a 30 minute short with a lot of little girls favorite characters.

Like many have said, JL is a more geared for kids and is like a Saturday morning cartoon. The problem is WOM is a lot better for the other two films.

I guess there is an audience for families with boys but I still think Coco might grab them due to the adventure aspect. I don't think it drops massively or anything but I'll be surprised if it wins the weekend at this point and has good legs going forward.

Oh and saw Ladybird earlier. One of the best of the year. Deserves all the praise it's getting.