TigerPaw

Monday (27 Nov) - JL $2.1m - Down 76%, Coco 2.3M - Down 84%

3 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Yes but he was talking about the overreaction with any JL number...

JL performance is VERY bad but Monday drop is ok.

No one had said anything bad about the JL number before he brought up Fantastic Beasts.  The Sunday to Monday drop is totally normal.  It isn't good or bad and I'm guessing pretty much every movie will fall into that bucket. 

9 minutes ago, MrPink said:

*Shrug*

I think the point is, JL is not competing against Fantastic Beasts. It had bigger fish to fry. It became the comparison because FB had good legs and people hoped it could pull a FB type run which is mostly out the window. I'm not even saying this Monday drop is particularly good or bad, but let's not act like suddenly it's going to turn a complete corner. Why should it match FB' legs from here when it already held significantly better than JL on the 2nd weekend and Star Wars is going to be bigger this year compared to last year. It shouldn't be sparring with Beasts, it should be doing at least Thor Ragnarok type numbers.

Why is it that you people are hell bent on spinning any number negatively? Where did anyone say that JL was going to profit legs and gross a sum even close to Thor? Nowhere! On and on you guys go trying to prove something that has been known since opening weekend. JL underperformed massively. However, not every single number is bad comparative to its performance. Based on what it has earned, this number is fine. Why can’t you all just admit that rather than going on and on with the lectures about legs, Thor and Avengers which no one mentioned? 

5 minutes ago, mredman said:

lets see when final numbers come in

Well Boxofficereport always post close to actual numbers, still JL under FB!! By the way what is the deal with you? It is just a movie for god sake!!! you seem to be having a break down from JL numbers. Shill out, it is a just a movie. It is not like your life depends on it. Let go of it, surely you have better things to worry about!!

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, AJG said:

So what you're saying is FB dropped harder AND still made more money????

It was you guys who started saying that it wouldn’t cross 200 million or that it wouldn’t even gross more than Logan or Fantastic Beasts. That is where the comparisons started. 

6 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Why is it that you people are hell bent on spinning any number negatively? Where did anyone say that JL was going to profit legs and gross a sum even close to Thor? Nowhere! On and on you guys go trying to prove something that has been known since opening weekend. JL underperformed massively. However, not every single number is bad comparative to its performance. Based on what it has earned, this number is fine. Why can’t you all just admit that rather than going on and on with the lectures about legs, Thor and Avengers which no one mentioned? 

First of all, I'm not hell bent on anything, I barely talk about JL's performance, I just happened to here because I saw what I thought was an absurd post.

2nd of all, it was someone else who brought in the FB comparison because he's hell bent on trying to make JL look good by any means possible. I think he needs to admit something to himself first because I'm not sure it's been known to everyone clearly based on the responses I've seen around here.

And for what it's worth, I never thought JL was gonna miss 200.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 10