TigerPaw

Monday (27 Nov) - JL $2.1m - Down 76%, Coco 2.3M - Down 84%

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Then I would probably stop wildly accusing people of being the mob just because they have something negative to say. It's not done out of some kind of agenda, at least on my part and I'm sure plenty of others. This kind of stuff works both ways. When WW was having its phenomenal run, every day was dominated by lavishing praise on its run which was well deserved, you don't think people didn't get the point on a daily basis? JL is the counter opposite. It is what it is.

Hey now... WW makes $72k on it's 98th day was groundbreaking fresh info.

People defending JL box-office performance sort of remind me of the Scene from the infamous German movie Downfall...

Person 1: It dropped the same as Fantastic Beasts, Sir!

Person 2: That is good, we shall recover and prove the DCU haters wrong! 

Person 3: Sir, the film is expected to drop 100 million domestic from Batman vs Superman.

(insert Hitler Meme rant) 

:kitschjob:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Then I would probably stop wildly accusing people of being the mob just because they have something negative to say. It's not done out of some kind of agenda, at least on my part and I'm sure plenty of others. This kind of stuff works both ways. When WW was having its phenomenal run, every day was dominated by lavishing praise on its run which was well deserved, you don't think people didn't get the point on a daily basis? JL is the counter opposite. It is what it is.

Hmmm? Maybe use same thought process when evaluating people who are defending JL instead of calling them names like fanboy. *hashtag Golden Rule

• ...wtf 2

3 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

That's pretty much every celebrity or big figure on Twitter lately. It does get tiresome and I've stopped caring. It already takes up too much of my timeline on social media.

But yeah with celebrities, I just separate their art from their politics. Twitter can be so hateful regardless of what side you are on.

Yeah exactly. Most of the more conservative people I know including myself still all think Trump is a giant tool and a joke, but I still get sick of hearing about it one way or another. It’s exhausting. Like any subject run into the ground. I mostly avoid political news as it really grates me after a while.

2 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Can JL outgross Logan?

It'll be close for sure.  Maybe if TLJ kills it dead on the 15th

The thought of an R-rated Wolverine movie where the biggest action scene in it is just a fight in a forrest at the end beating DC's biggest team-up cash cow movie would be so... amazing.

12 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Hmmm? Maybe use same thought process when evaluating people who are defending JL instead of calling them names like fanboy. *hashtag Golden Rule

Pretty sure MrPink didn’t call anyone a fanboy...

Edited by Deja23
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

It'll be close for sure.  Maybe if TLJ kills it dead on the 15th

The thought of an R-rated Wolverine movie where the biggest action scene in it is just a fight in a forrest at the end beating DC's biggest team-up cash cow movie would be so... amazing.

There may not be much room in the market for it for long. Some theaters like the one near me are 16 screens but those tiny 50 seat auditoriums now despite good sized screens because it’s all recliners. So they’re giving TLJ 8 screens it looks like. Doesn’t leave room for a lot else 

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Justice Leagues drop is in line with Mockingjay I think. Coco should drop over 80%. 

I think we’ll know if superhero fatigue is a thing if Deadpool 2 and Infinity War fail to open as much as Deadpool 1 and Ultron did.

In a year where 4 out of 5 SH movies did amazingly well BO-wise, let’s use that one bad performance to spin and project superhero fatigue as the reason for its failure. 

Makes sense. 

• Like 4
  • ...wtf 1

59 minutes ago, CenterMeOnSam said:

I'm new here, but doesn't the constant reminder of one movie's failure make following the day-to-day drops and progression incredibly frustrating/annoying/exhausting for those actually interested in metrics over hyperbole and overreaction?

Welcome to BOT. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

In a year where 4 out of 5 SH movies did amazingly well BO-wise, let’s use that one bad performance to spin and project superhero fatigue as the reason for its failure. 

Makes sense. 

Oh no! that’s not what I meant. 

Someone else mentioned superhero fatigue a few pages back. I’m not implying JL’s underperformance is due to superhero fatigue. I said if Deadpool and Infinity War underperform then maybe people can talk about fatigue if a trend develops.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Oh no! that’s not what I meant. 

Someone else mentioned superhero fatigue a few pages back. I’m not implying JL’s underperformance is due to superhero fatigue. I said if Deadpool and Infinity War underperform then maybe people can talk about fatigue if a trend develops.

I think even if Deadpool and Infinity War failed to out-open its respective predecessors, that still has nothing to do with how and why JL failed to do what it’s expected to.

Deadpool was a surprised breakout with a hook/novelty. So if the sequel dropped off from its predecessor, that’s just it following common trend that we see all the times in sequels regardless of genres

Unless we’re talking about an OW drop to under 100M (which is an indication of something else entirely), we already see Ultron decrease from The Avengers, so why would another drop off indicate anything other than it’s performing like a part of a franchise, on its own merit.

Just now, Mr Impossible said:

The biggest mystery to me in terms of box office this year is why the f-ck was August so fcking barren?!?! They made July & November needlessly competitive when you had a perfectly good month begging for a big release! 

I'm guessing most of the movies weren't going to be ready. Wasn't Jumanji originally supposed to be a summer release?