CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

I dont know, people are saying this is flopping lol 

Said people are either trolls or idiots.

The Force Awakens was a once in a lifetime hype experience the likes of which we are unlikely to ever see again unless Star Wars goes on another lengthy hiatus (given Disney's plans, it won't). A decrease from that was a given so if it makes $700M that would still make Disney plenty happy.

• Like 1

Wow Audience score is just 65% on RT. Honestly it feels a lot more accurate than that overrated critics score. The movie was filled with a bunch of problems right from the beginning which then lead to a very unsatisfying conclusion. This asked a bunch on questions without answering a single one. Well maybe a couple at best.

I’d say it’s on par with Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. Revenge of the Sith was way better than this overstuffed, overlong, boring mess. 

Edited by Mr Impossible
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

They are idiots...

I always knew this was going to do more around ~700 domestic and 700 Overseas. 

Hey man don't be mean theforceuser is new here.

I predicted the Overseas being higher than the Dom but.. starting to think it might be almost a 50/50 split.

$650-$720m DOM is what I predicted.

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I wouldn’t say a 40m drop from one sequel to the next as “excellent”. But when its playing at such a high level the numbers are still impressive.

Will this be the first Episode of Star Wars not to improve on its predecessor? 

Empire did not improve in numbers, Clones did not improve in numbers.

Mid-Trilogy drop should be expected.

Just now, Deathlife said:

Why are people saying this is flopping??

Those midnight numbers are monster numbers!

I think people forget the only movie to come 400 million within TFA gross was Rogue One in the past 2 years. 

:hahaha:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I wouldn’t say a 40m drop from one sequel to the next as “excellent”. But when its playing at such a high level the numbers are still impressive.

Will this be the first Episode of Star Wars not to improve on its predecessor? 

Lol.  You might want to check your numbers there.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The audience score for this is honestly not that good. Or let me clarify and say not what I expected given the critics score. 

Apart of the reason why TFA was able to make so much after opening weekend is because Star Wars fans and the GA really enjoyed it.

I guess we will find out based on how this plays over the weekend. 

1 minute ago, The Last Panda said:

That's a bad audience score?  But how much of it is from the GA and how much is from angry fanboys?

I will never stop laughing if it goes below 60% audience approval on RT. And I can't wait to see the movie.

Which I'm doing tonight. HYPE!

• Like 2

Just now, The Last Panda said:

That's a bad audience score?  But how much of it is from the GA and how much is from angry fanboys?

What makes more sense.... a 94% positive and high critics score wide release blockbuster would have the entire general audience essentially hate it or........ trolls are manipulating the score to go to 65% and a 3.6?  

• Like 5

Oh my. This is making $45M+ just on Thursday night and people are saying it's not doing well or it's flopping? 

Yea let me go back and study for that anatomy final I have this afternoon instead of wasting brain cells trying to think of how a $45M+ Thursday night number is bad or flopping. 

• Like 1

Just now, EmpireCity said:

What makes more sense.... a 94% positive and high critics score wide release blockbuster would have the entire general audience essentially hate it or........ trolls are manipulating the score to go to 65% and a 3.6?  

I'm definitely leaning on trolls, especially with the great Critic reception.  It's really rare for a blockbuster to be loved by critics, have a confident studio and hated by the GA.  I actually can't think of a case.

• Like 1