CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

Just now, a2knet said:

low-balling,

185 ow * 3.3x = 610.5 dom

but can one say confidently that 600 is 'locked'...not just 99% but 100% happening?

Whose to say it will have a 3.3x mutliplier. We could be vastly underestimating word of mouths power (lol), we could see a superhero movie type drop in the second week.

14 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I know people who predicted more than TFA or >$1.8b world wide.

So? People make dumb predictions all the time.  I may be confusing you with another uber-Avatar fan who is also a big Superman fan but weren't you on board with BvS doing TFA opening weekend numbers and being one of the biggest hits of all time? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm starting to think there is an outside chance that Botb might be the highest grossing (world wide) movie of 2017.

Hmm Overseas would have to go down to 600 million and so far it will outperform Rogue One In most Markets

2 minutes ago, The Last Panda said:

That's a bad audience score?  But how much of it is from the GA and how much is from angry fanboys?

Well with RT anyone with a facebook can give a very quick score.  So would not surprise me.

Image result for let the salt flow through you

This is me to the super fans that take it too seriously.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Whose to say it will have a 3.3x mutliplier. We could be vastly underestimating word of mouths power (lol), we could see a superhero movie type drop in the second week.

You do remember it is X-mas holidays after weekend 2? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Last Panda said:

I'm definitely leaning on trolls, especially with the great Critic reception.  It's really rare for a blockbuster to be loved by critics, have a confident studio and hated by the GA.  I actually can't think of a case.

I'm sorry but you're grasping at straws, the audience reaction is clearly mixed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

What makes more sense.... a 94% positive and high critics score wide release blockbuster would have the entire general audience essentially hate it or........ trolls are manipulating the score to go to 65% and a 3.6?  

Who the fuck would troll scores? 

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

What makes more sense.... a 94% positive and high critics score wide release blockbuster would have the entire general audience essentially hate it or........ trolls are manipulating the score to go to 65% and a 3.6?  

Yeah... I don't really get that either. I could definitely buy a 65% critics score with 94% audience, happens constantly. But this seems bizarre, to say the least.

Especially because it doesn't really match up with either viewing I went to at all. I feel like whenever I've seen a dud, I hear people murmur about it on the way out. I heard so many people with insane commentary, "That may be the best one yet," and "Definitely best since Empire," etc. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Oh my. This is making $45M+ just on Thursday night and people are saying it's not doing well or it's flopping? 

Yea let me go back and study for that anatomy final I have this afternoon instead of wasting brain cells trying to think of how a $45M+ Thursday night number is bad or flopping. 

OVER THE FORCE AWAKENS OR BUST GODDAMNIT

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Last Panda said:

I'm definitely leaning on trolls, especially with the great Critic reception.  It's really rare for a blockbuster to be loved by critics, have a confident studio and hated by the GA.  I actually can't think of a case.

That is because it is trolls and there is no other case you can think of because it doesn't exist.  I am laughing watching a bunch of usually reasonable posters in multiple threads pointing at this very obviously manipulated audience score and acting like it is evidence of something.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Seriously?  Lol.  

Is this your first time on the internet?

On Flixster? For a movie? Repeatedly? 

I'm sure some trolling happens, but for you to blame it all on trolls and not on the fact that it's clearly getting polarizing WOM from a lot of the hardcore fanbase is weird.

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Who the fuck would troll scores? 

You'd be surprised. Just a few months ago Battle of the Sexes starting with a really low audience approval on RT, almost certainly due entirely to moron MRAs who didn't even see the movie.

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Starting to wonder if this will only pull around a 3x with how divisive the reactions already are. 

It helps Jumanji and the family holdovers if it really is a divisive movie...but I'll know Saturday...

It does explain why my locals kept movies on single showings to "keep the screens" so they could go back to giving them full schedules Monday (one theater did it for JL and DH2 and the other did it for The Star)...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoSaysI said:

So? People make dumb predictions all the time.  I may be confusing you with another uber-Avatar fan who is also a big Superman fan but weren't you on board with BvS doing TFA opening weekend numbers and being one of the biggest hits of all time? 

>BvS doing TFA opening weekend numbers

Definitely not lol

>being one of the biggest hits of all time? 

I thought it would break $1billion that's for sure, it was a disappointing performance.

I wouldn't call predicting BvS to do more than $1b stupid at all, we saw The Avengers do incredible when they brought their franchise together. Superman and Batman are the two of the biggest superheroes of all time (only spiderman competes). TDK made over a billion and man of steel was no slouch. I don't think you can call this anywhere near as stupid (or even stupid at all) as predicting TLJ over TFA.

• Like 1