CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

The best thing about @IronJimbo is not too long ago he was also pointing out how a certain audience score didn't jive with the critics and data on a certain movie.  

He was right with that one that the audience score was manipulated by trolls/superfans, but now that simply can't be the case.  Lol.  I love the internet.  

It says you're currently viewing BvS thread... I'm sorry I upset you. I don't wish to turn this into an ironjimbo thread so I'm going to leave until actuals are posted.

3 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Disney must be in a state of PANIC over these audience scores.  

Over the last 10 years they have single-handedly destroyed studio moviemaking with their joyless, mechanical, calculated pursuit of reaching the lowest common denominator and pleasing the masses. But now the masses are not responding to one of their biggest (if not the biggest) properties, potentially tarnishing the brand and impacting all future installments? 

Yikes. I love it, though. 

tumblr_n7ruwrJnWA1smcbm7o1_500.gif

loooool, that's a reach if I ever saw one. "Tarnishing the brand"? I love how The Last Jedi is suddenly BvS because the audience score for pre-shows was 67%.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Over the last 10 years they have single-handedly destroyed studio moviemaking with their joyless, mechanical, calculated pursuit of reaching the lowest common denominator and pleasing the masses. But now the masses are not responding to one of their biggest (if not the biggest) properties, potentially tarnishing the brand and impacting all future installments? 

2Yni481.jpg

• Like 3

Theater counts for the Christmas weekend openers:

December 20

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle: 3,600

The Greatest Showman: N/A

December 22

Pitch Perfect 3: 3,400

Father Figures: 2,800+

Downsizing: 2,500

The Post: N/A (though I'm guessing it'll be only in NY/LA)

Christmas Day

All the Money in the World: 2,000

Molly's Game: N/A

Phantom Thread: 4

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Theater counts for the Christmas weekend openers:

December 20

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle: 3,600

The Greatest Showman: N/A

December 22

Pitch Perfect 3: 3,400

Father Figures: 2,800+

Downsizing: 2,500

The Post: N/A (though I'm guessing it'll be only in NY/LA)

Christmas Day

All the Money in the World: 2,000

Molly's Game: N/A

Phantom Thread: 4

Good to see Money getting a decent TC given the competition. I'm curious to see how wide Darkest Hour expands.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Good to see Money getting a decent TC given the competition. I'm curious to see how wide Darkest Hour expands.

It's gonna be a bloodbath next week. Molly's Game is getting released in all of the big cities (theater count will probably be at least 350-400), The Shape of Water is supposed to be expanding to 800 theaters on Christmas Day, Darkest Hour is also supposed to be going "wide" next weekend, and Call Me by Your Name will be getting its first big expansion.

Edited by filmlover

12 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

You're right the billions they're going to make will put them in a state of panic