CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

Best Star Wars film of all time. Seeing people discussing puny fanboy critic scores is petty. This film is bold. TESB bold. It's bound and destined to be seen as one of the best Star Wars films of all time as a consensus, just like TESB is today. It will make an insane amount of well deserved box office money and I'm going back today. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

You see it happening right in this thread.  A narrative is being set and then driven by trolls.  In the last page you have 2 giant Jim Cameron nutbags fanning the flames along with a Justice League crazy joining in to repeat the same narrative over and over until they will it into existence.  

I'm sure that the score being 65% or whatever is completely legit.  

I'm not a troll, brother.

I liked the OT a lot, the prequels are okay IMO, I loved TFA and liked RO.

I liked the TLJ, It's okay. But the movie has many flaws (I talked more about it in the spoilers thread).

I really understand why some people are not liking it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I already attacked the argument.  The audience score is very very clearly being manipulated by any data measure.  

Now I will attack the person.  You are a Jim Cameron troll and have been since the day you showed up here in Dec. 2015 and started trolling The Force Awakens.  That is a fact based on evidence of your posting history.  

Thank you, sir. You are a Jedi and a scholar.

5 minutes ago, mredman said:

those that say the Audience score is trolls. Tell us why Rogue one did not get voted by trolls. Its clerly evident this movie is very divisive seen many on twitter say its the worst SW movie. There is clearly people who have seen it thinks its very bad. its not only trolls. Will see it on sunday for myself and see what all the fuzzis about

Great analysis, Mr. Justice League

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

hmm the 955am Dbox show sold out at my theatre (its sold out for the rest of the day already) 

Think 50 + million day business is happening (meaning it wont make less on Friday day then previews) 

Edited by Lordmandeep

The best thing about @IronJimbo is not too long ago he was also pointing out how a certain audience score didn't jive with the critics and data on a certain movie.  

He was right with that one that the audience score was manipulated by trolls/superfans, but now that simply can't be the case.  Lol.  I love the internet.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

The best thing about @IronJimbo is not too long ago he was also pointing out how a certain audience score didn't jive with the critics and data on a certain movie.  

He was right with that one that the audience score was manipulated by trolls/superfans, but now that simply can't be the case.  Lol.  I love the internet.  

Maybe if can you can give us some numbers to change the tone of this thread lol ? (please lol)  

Disney must be in a state of PANIC over these audience scores.  

Over the last 10 years they have single-handedly destroyed studio moviemaking with their joyless, mechanical, calculated pursuit of reaching the lowest common denominator and pleasing the masses. But now the masses are not responding to one of their biggest (if not the biggest) properties, potentially tarnishing the brand and impacting all future installments? 

Yikes. I love it, though. 

tumblr_n7ruwrJnWA1smcbm7o1_500.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

11 minutes ago, mredman said:

those that say the Audience score is trolls. Tell us why Rogue one did not get voted by trolls. Its clerly evident this movie is very divisive seen many on twitter say its the worst SW movie. There is clearly people who have seen it thinks its very bad. its not only trolls. Will see it on sunday for myself and see what all the fuzz is about

Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear. 

30 minutes ago, The Last Panda said:

Also, if you look at Metacritic audience scores for games and such with big fanbases, there's plenty of cases where games that get raves by critics get torpedoed in the User reviews by people displeased by one aspect of the game or a decision on the game company's part or trolls (ie bitter fans that the game wasn't exactly how they envisioned it.)

This hasn't been common on RT, but with the increased attention RT has gotten, and the Star Wars hardcore fan base looking similar to a video game fan base, you could have something similar at play.  And if that's the case, then it wouldn't be indicative of GA reactions.

But the best video games the ones that are great have just as high if not higher audience scores on metacritic 

So anyone who disagrees with @EmpireCity is now a troll? You know what buddy at least with me my opinions on films are based on how I feel at least I'm not as transparent as you.

Disney.....FUCK YEA!!

everything else....sucks balls

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It’s clearly divisive among fans. That doesn’t mean there aren’t many trolling the audience scores. I haven’t seen the movie, but I didn’t grow up on the OT, liked the PT, and loved RO and TFA. Based on these reactions, I have a feeling I’ll love this movie. Doesn’t mean those who don’t aren’t justified. It’s the hyperbolic reactions about this destroying their childhood and is the end of Star Wars, and people burning T-shirts that are ridiculous to me. 

Edited by Deja23
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

What trolls, though? Are there masses of SW trolls/haters out there? If anything, manipulation of audience scores would be done by SW fans, not haters. And if it's the fans that are negatively trolling the score, then the movie is in deep shit. 

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

Disney must be in a state of PANIC over these audience scores.  

Over the last 10 years they have single-handedly destroyed studio moviemaking with their joyless, mechanical, calculated pursuit of reaching the lowest common denominator and pleasing the masses. But now the masses are not responding to one of their biggest (if not the biggest) properties, potentially tarnishing the brand and impacting all future installments? 

Yikes. I love it, though. 

tumblr_n7ruwrJnWA1smcbm7o1_500.gif

Hasnt Disney went over 5 billion dollars for the third straight year? Yeah I’m sure Disney is struggling with their movie subdivision bc of your fycking asinine logic.