grim22

New Year's Day Weekend Thread: Late Friday estimates (DHD) - TLJ 19.5M, Jumanji 17.5M, PP3 6.7M, TGS 5.3M

2 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

I have no idea what’s going on lol

2018 IS YEAR OF LITTLE MIX BOI

Lers mix it up, looking like TLJ should scrape by the weekend, but Jumanji’s probably coming for that number 1 slot next weekend unless TLJ shows stronger late legs (Or Insidious goes crazy breakout)

15 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

The Last Jedi should hit right at or slightly above the Sunday estimate.  Same thing with Jumanji.  

Good. 

Hopefully that Monday estimate for TLJ is very conservative on Disney’s part. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Anything about Coco?

That 65% drop on Sunday is really strange

I said a few pages back that it had to have been a deliberate underestimation on Disney's part, but now I'm starting to wonder if the person who reported the estimates for Disney forgot to type in the 1 at the beginning of Coco's Sunday figure.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, PNF2187 said:

I said a few pages back that it had to have been a deliberate underestimation on Disney's part, but now I'm starting to wonder if the person who reported the estimates for Disney forgot to type in the 1 at the beginning of Coco's Sunday figure.

This... kinda make sense hahahah

The Greatest Showman's jump is quietly being overlooked by many when it's one of the craziest holds ever seen at the box office. If this weekend wasn't just a fluke and WOM really is that immaculate, it could be heading past 125m, no joke. Will laugh forever if it ended up going all the way to Les Mis #'s with an OD that was roughly 10% of that movie's. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

You could have been much much worse, 2017.  But I just have two words to say to you:

GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!

===========

Here's hoping the end of this year is a wee little bit better than the start of last's. 

Oh, yeah.  One last thing, 2017.  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, m'kay?  :)

We good, 2017?  We understand each other? Good. RebWGyw.png

• Like 1

@Johnny Tran Well, first of all, the breakup was VERY recent, and secondly, I was quoting the ICONIC breakup song, Shout Out To My Ex, from the biggest and platinum-selling girl group THIS decade, Little Mix.

The first step is actually acceptance and realizing you're going to be fine, and that you don't need no man! Especially when everything looked down, I'm a LOT happier now, so I'm Gucci!

And trust me, I'm moving on!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The Greatest Showman's jump is quietly being overlooked by many when it's one of the craziest holds ever seen at the box office. If this weekend wasn't just a fluke and WOM really is that immaculate, it could be heading past 125m, no joke. Will laugh forever if it ended up going all the way to Les Mis #'s with an OD that was roughly 10% of that movie's. 

Had a good os weekend too. Initially had no clue how much it would make but after a 28.5 os weekend for 35 cume, minimum 28.5*2 more for 90+ total I guess. But that could be too low.

. Its big holiday offering, The Greatest Showman, began early rollout last weekend in just three overseas markets and this session added 55 which rang in $28.5M collectively.

Each including previews, the UK($6.1M/850 screens), Australia ($5.3M/285), Mexico ($2.73M/1,748) and Italy($2.34M/426) led new plays and helped boost the big top to $35.2M at the international box office.

Edited by a2knet

Ya know, for all of the bitching, snickering, and hand-wringing over TLJ's weekend, there is this:

Fri-Fri: 23% drop

Sat-Sat: 31.6% drop

Sun-Sun: 23.8% drop (proj) (Xmas Eve-New Years Eve)

I've seen much worse 3rd weekend drops in my lifetime, is what I suppose I am saying.

Being buffeted by the holidays?  I mean, I guess.  You folks would know more than me.

No it's not getting boosts like a lot of other films right now. Undeniable.  But it also burned 450m worth of demand beforehand.

Not saying it's ideal.  Not even excusing anything.  Just something I happened to notice as I was looking at TLJ's dailies just now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

@Johnny Tran Well, first of all, the breakup was VERY recent, and secondly, I was quoting the ICONIC breakup song, Shout Out To My Ex, from the biggest and platinum-selling girl group THIS decade, Little Mix.

The first step is actually acceptance and realizing you're going to be fine, and that you don't need no man! Especially when everything looked down, I'm a LOT happier now, so I'm Gucci!

And trust me, I'm moving on!

I went to see Little Mix in November. They were fantastic! 

• Like 1