grim22

New Year's Day Weekend Thread: Late Friday estimates (DHD) - TLJ 19.5M, Jumanji 17.5M, PP3 6.7M, TGS 5.3M

25 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Please tell me that’s a troll. Jumanji isn’t stealing $160-170m of business. 

Probably not that much, but it’s stolen at least 80-100 million from TLJ. Since most predicted Jumanji to finish around 100 million domestically. Lot of people spurned TLJ for Jumanji 2.

12 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Probably not that much, but it’s stolen at least 80-100 million from TLJ. Since most predicted Jumanji to finish around 100 million domestically. Lot of people spurned TLJ for Jumanji 2.

I think other way around. Jumanji is getting screwed on screen count and premium formats because theaters are under contract to give those extra screens and formats to Last Jedi. 

• Like 6

Damn, it's quite scary looking at the user reviews on RT's audience score. I just gave a look at the first page, and 17 of 20 reviews are negative. All of them detailed, describing a lot of things they didn't like and even listing the positives ( some of them are quite long too ).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

I mean they brought JJ back and honestly I don't think that rian johnson trilogy is going to happen 

They could have waited before revealing another trilogy.

Now Episode IX is just gonna be another Star Wars, because now we know there's already a trilogy coming right after this movie. 

4 hours ago, KJsooner said:

There’s nothing wrong with TLJ box office run, it’s been a great success. TLJ clears 800 million without Jumanji stealing some of the family audience. Jumanji 2 has definitely stole some money or else Star Wars wouldn’t be a ‘disappointment.’

There's no chance it would come anywhere near 800 million.  It's just not that well liked.  Jumanji is only competition now because SW has pissed off so many people.  

Having said that, SW is not dead and buried.  I think some of you are just revelling in watching the Goliath stumble.....but that's all this is, a stumble.  To get people back into the theaters for the next one, imho, is an easy fix.  Make the next one much more like TFA.  More lightsabre action, less space battle.  More of what we know from Star Wars, and not so much of the risk taking they did in this one.  

As someone else said, go ahead and predict under 600 or even 500, I'll collect those predictions as well.  The next SW, if they make the changes I think they will, will easily go over 700.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Damn, it's quite scary looking at the user reviews on RT's audience score. I just gave a look at the first page, and 17 of 20 reviews are negative. All of them detailed, describing a lot of things they didn't like and even listing the positives ( some of them are quite long too ).

:sparta:

Just now, Christmas baumer said:

There's no chance it would come anywhere near 800 million.  It's just not that well liked.  Jumanji is only competition now because SW has pissed off so many people.  

Having said that, SW is not dead and buried.  I think some of you are just revelling in watching the Goliath stumble.....but that's all this is, a stumble.  To get people back into the theaters for the next one, imho, is an easy fix.  Make the next one much more like TFA.  More lightsabre action, less space battle.  More of what we know from Star Wars, and not so much of the risk taking they did in this one.  

As someone else said, go ahead and predict under 600 or even 500, I'll collect those predictions as well.  The next SW, if they make the changes I think they will, will easily go over 700.  

I'll say 650 for now there is just no hook for 9 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

The bots on RT are now fully sentient!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Those reviews don't count.  Only magic positive reviews that Empire can see all by himself that were created by the tooth fairy and Santa Clause, count.  Any negative reviews are just a silent minority bunch of trolls.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, boomboom234 said:

I'll say 650 for now there is just no hook for 9 

We're two years out.  Lots of things can change, especially after people were pissed off this time around.  They can easily make changes.

13 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I agree about the Star Wars fix. I believe in the brand. Solo comes out in May. I am willing to donate  $100.00 to the website, if Solo narrowly outgrosses IW domestically. Right now, I predict 480 for IW and 500 for Solo. Yeah, I am crazy but I have a good feeling about Solo. 

Edited by Ms Lady Hawk
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

Those reviews don't count.  Only magic positive reviews that Empire can see all by himself that were created by the tooth fairy and Santa Clause, count.  Any negative reviews are just a silent minority bunch of trolls.  

I'm sorry...I shouldn't laugh at this comment, but it is the funniest thing I've read on this board in weeks (and I'm out of likes to like it...heck, I'd probably give it 10 likes, but I imagine that would break the system:)...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Coco has a crazy jump yesterday, 43%

It could make $ 1.5M today, let's see

It's been showing some good jumps in general. I can see it making 1.5m on Monday. Only 18m more until it reaches 200, which it should thankfully pass. I'm thinking it'll end around 205m, which wouldn't be a bad result at all. 

• Like 2