MaxAggressor

Weekend Thread | Estimates per DHD (p.15): J 19.75M, 12S 15.3M, DoT 14.7M, TP 12.1M, TGS 11.1M, P2 8.3M, TC 6.8M, TLJ 6.5M, I:TLK 5.9M, FMG 4.3M

25 minutes ago, Shakes The Clown said:

Hi, I kinda got ahead of myself and this probably should have been my first post but I'm Shakes The Clown. I look forward to discussing box office with you guys.

I don't know everything and I'd love for y'all to help me out, discussion on Reddit ain't fun. 

Possible you will love this place, the actual platform, the moderation and ambiance is one of the best out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

You'd think RT having that article front and center on their site advertising Paddigton 2 as  the new all time champ would at least have brought some interest and attention to it with how prominent RT has become with the GA. Ugh, get it the fuck together CanMerica! 

Wasn't Lady Bird the champ just a couple months ago?  Doesn't mean anything.

Not sure if this has been there since Thursday numbers came in, but Hollywood Reporter has thrown in a Friday estimate for 12 Strong

12 Strong is on course to gross $6 million on Friday from 3,002 theaters for a projected $15 million weekend.

http://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/box-office-jumanji-thieves-strong-1202669929/

"Sony’s sturdy “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” is heading for a third straight weekend victory at the North American box office over new entries “12 Strong” and “Den of Thieves,” early estimates showed Friday.

“Jumanji” was heading toward $18 million at 3,704 locations, while the Afghan war drama “12 Strong” looked likely to finish with about $15 million to $16 million at 3,002 venues. STXfilms’ heist thriller “Den of Thieves” was showing more traction than recent forecasts indicated with about $14 million at 2,432 sites.

Steven Spielberg’s “The Post” looked likely to finish fourth for Fox with about $12 million at 2,851 sites, followed by Fox’s fifth weekend of “The Greatest Showman” at about $9 million."

This is so tight, I probably wouldn't call a weekend yet, til we see Friday numbers for the top 3...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Not sure if this has been there since Thursday numbers came in, but Hollywood Reporter has thrown in a Friday estimate for 12 Strong

12 Strong is on course to gross $6 million on Friday from 3,002 theaters for a projected $15 million weekend.

It needs to make 12m. 

• Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

It's been selling extremely well for tonight around here. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's been selling extremely well for tonight around here. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes up.

Not quite as strong in a lot of theatres in Canada though. I wouldn't be surprised of Den of Thieves beats it here for the weekend, hoping Asgard gives us the top 5 Canadian box office on Monday. 

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Runtimes without credits and trailer attachments for next week:

Maze Runner: 2:18. Attachments unknown.

Hostiles: 2:07. Attachments are Chappaquiddick and I, Tonya.

That’s a fucking EPIC Maze Runner runtime.  Super excited now.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

15 and 14 were what I put in the Derby :sparta: 

I put 15m for 12 Strong, and 12m for Den of Thieves. Den of Thieves being a three million higher then that, potentially, is going to cost me slightly. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

@WrathOfHan all I did was see Coco a fifth time, but hey, the trailers must be updated:

7x:

Pacific Rim: Uprising: Blade Runner 2049, Blade Runner 2049 Round 2, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2, Thor: Ragnarok Round 3, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

Ready Player One: It, Blade Runner 2049, It Round 2, Justice League, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, The Post

A Wrinkle in Time: Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, Coco, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Coco Round 4, The Post, Coco Round 5

6x:

Den of Thieves: Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2, Justice League, Thor: Ragnarok Round 3, Molly’s Game

Annihilation: Blade Runner 2049, Happy Death Day, Blade Runner 2049 Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, The Post

Sherlock Gnomes: Wonder, Coco, Coco Round 3, Coco Round 4, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Coco Round 5

5x:

Black Panther: The Hitman’s Bodyguard, mother!, Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2, Thor: Ragnarok Round 3

Early Man: Wonder, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Wonder Round 2, Coco Round 4, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

4x:

12 Strong: The Declassified True Story of the Horse Soldiers: Blade Runner 2049 Round 2, Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Alpha: Dunkirk Round 2, Geostorm, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3

Isle of Dogs: The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, The Shape of Water, Downsizing

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 4

Avengers: Infinity War: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 4

Maze Runner: The Death Cure: Happy Death Day, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok Round 3, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

Rampage: Justice League, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 4, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

Incredibles 2: Coco, Coco Round 3, Coco Round 4, Coco Round 5

Peter Rabbit: Coco, Coco Round 4, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Coco Round 5

3x:

Death Wish: Detroit, Annabelle: Creation, Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D

Deadpool 2: Logan, Logan Round 2, Justice League

Tomb Raider: Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Geostorm, Murder on the Orient Express

Duck Duck Goose: My Little Pony: The Movie, Wonder, Coco

Fifty Shades Freed: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, The Shape of Water, All the Money in the World

Blockers: The Disaster Artist, The Disaster Artist Round 2, Downsizing

A Quiet Place: Justice League, The Shape of Water, Downsizing

Alita: Battle Angel: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 4

Red Sparrow: Kingsman: The Golden Circle, The Snowman, The Post

2x:

Polaroid: Wind River, Happy Death Day

The New Mutants: Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2

Game Night: The Disaster Artist, The Disaster Artist Round 2

Winchester: The House That Ghosts Built: The Disaster Artist Round 2, The Shape of Water

Lean on Pete: The Shape of Water, All the Money in the World

The 15:17 to Paris: The Shape of Water, All the Money in the World

Samson: All the Money in the World, The Greatest Showman

The Miracle Season: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

Sicario 2: Soldado: All the Money in the World, The Post

Love, Simon: The Greatest Showman, The Post

1x:

Forever My Girl: Megan Leavey

The Current War: Wind River

Super Troopers 2: Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Mortal Engines: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Thoroughbreds: The Disaster Artist

Chappaquiddick: Downsizing

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: The Greatest Showman

Sgt. Stubby: Coco Round 4

Gringo: Molly’s Game

Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!: The Post
  • Thanks 1

@Poe Blankeron

7:

Annihilation (Blade Runner, The Foreigner, Happy Death Day, All the Money in the World, Downsizing, Molly’s Game, The Commuter)

4:

12 Strong (Thank You for Your Service, Murder on the Orient Express, All the Money in the World, Darkest Hour)

Alpha (Hitman’s Bodyguard, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok, Downsizing)

Black Panther (Valerian, The Dark Tower, Thor: Ragnarok, All the Money in the World)

Death Wish (Detroit, It, American Assassin, The Commuter)

Den of Thieves (The Foreigner, Happy Death Day, Geostorm, Molly’s Game)

Fifty Shades Freed (Murder on the Orient Express, Lady Bird, All the Money in the World, Molly’s Game)

Pacific Rim: Uprising (Blade Runner, Geostorm, Thank You for Your Service, Thor: Ragnarok)

Ready Player One (It, Blade Runner 2049, Justice League, Star Wars: The Last Jedi)

Red Sparrow (Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Blade Runner 2049, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, The Commuter)

3:

Early Man (Coco, Wonder, The Greatest Showman)

Sherlock Gnomes (Coco, Wonder, The Greatest Showman)

Sicario 2: Soldado (All the Money in the World, Molly’s Game, The Commuter)

Winchester (Suburbicon, Molly’s Game, The Commuter)

A Wrinkle in Time (Valerian, Murder on the Orient Express, Coco)

2:

The 15:17 to Paris (Molly’s Game, The Commuter)

Avengers: Infinity War (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Downsizing)

Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool (All the Money in the World, Darkest Hour)

Gringo (Molly’s Game, The Commuter)

Hostiles (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, Lady Bird)

I, Tonya (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, Darkest Hour)

Incredibles 2 (Coco, Star Wars: The Last Jedi)

Isle of Dogs (Ninjago, Downsizing)

Maze Runner: The Death Cure (Happy Death Day, Geostorm)

Peter Rabbit (Coco, The Greatest Showman)

Phantom Thread (Suburbicon, Darkest Hour)

Polaroid (Wind River, mother!)

A Quiet Place (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Downsizing)

Tomb Raider (Geostorm, Justice League)

Untitled Deadpool Sequel (Justice League, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri)

1:

Spoiler

7 Days in Entebbe (Darkest Hour)

Acrimony (The Commuter)

Alita: Battle Angel (Star Wars: The Last Jedi)

Blockers (Downsizing)

The Current War (Wind River)

Duck Duck Goose (Ninjago)

Forever My Girl (Wonder)

Game Night (Downsizing)

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Star Wars: The Last Jedi)

Love, Simon (The Greatest Showman)

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (The Greatest Showman)

Mortal Engines (The Commuter)

The New Mutants (Thor: Ragnarok)

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (The Greatest Showman)

Ocean’s 8 (The Greatest Showman)

The Party (Lady Bird)

Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero (Wonder)

Smallfoot (Coco)

Super Troopers 2 (Kingsman)

• Like 1