La Binoche

A24's HEREDITARY

2 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

the trailer looks neat.   if there are enough scares, maybe A24 gets this one out close to 3,000 screens and does something like 15/30.  

That's pretty pessimistic on the legs :lol: Based on what's been said about the movie, I expect it to get a 2.6-2.7x at the very least thanks to summer weekdays. It might even be able to surpass The Witch's multi (2.85x)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Samarus said:

Local distributor I think.

Thanks for the info. Sorry about the dude though I think many people will do it since it's so memorable and the other sound centric scene is hard to replicate ;)

• Like 1

On 4/18/2018 at 6:15 AM, La Binoche said:

This trailer is oh so misleading. Didn't they learn their lesson from It Comes At Night? 

What lesson? They made $13 milion on an arthouse film where nothing happens. If anyone else released that movie without misleading people it would end up at $4m. 

This is misleading in terms of plot but not as misleading as it comes at night. In that movie literally nothing happened. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:15 PM, La Binoche said:

This trailer is oh so misleading. Didn't they learn their lesson from It Comes At Night? 

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:40 AM, norbar said:

What lesson? They made $13 milion on an arthouse film where nothing happens. If anyone else released that movie without misleading people it would end up at $4m. 

This is misleading in terms of plot but not as misleading as it comes at night. In that movie literally nothing happened. 

Hereditary looks good on the release schedule only opening with Oceans 8  during the third weekend of Solo - Star Wars (June 8-10) 

It could potentially double the opening weekend of It Comes At Night if Hereditary grabs enough interest.  

Also by A24 are The Witch and The Killing of the Sacred Deer.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

The Oscar campaign begins!

I'm not going to see this film, but I'm rooting for her to get that nomination. The images of her facial expressions alone convince me that she a: deserves it, and b: worked extremely hard on this role.

likely top ten scenario during Hereditary's OW.

1. Oceans Eight

2. Star Wars (-42.5%)

3. Hereditary

4. Action Point (-50%)

5. Deadpool (-50%) 

6. Hotel Artemis

7. Infinity War (-40%)

8. Show Dogs (-40%)

9. Book Club (-45%)

10. Upgrade (-45%)

Edited by Thematrixfilm

Holy shit. This film is 100 % RT Fresh and getting some of the best reviews I have ever read not just for a horror film but for any kind of film, period. Why aren't more people talking about this? Going by the reviews, Toni Collette seems like an undeniable Oscar nominee next year. 

• Like 1