That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

1 minute ago, cmbbox2390 said:

Why in the hell is a sequel not announced yet? Get on it Marvel!

They’ll probably announce something tomorrow.  But Chadwick Boseman should keep his schedule open for plenty of cameos

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I really don't see that happening, no chance.

The reason WW could get a 4x multiplier is because it only made a $100m in it's opening weekend AND was released in the summer holidays.

Just like every other Marvel film, it will be forgotten in under a month.

A bit like Avatar then. :hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I think 200 for the weekend is in play, but I'll go with 197 for now. 700 would be a 3.55 multiplier from a 197 opening. Very similar to Spidey 1's multiplier in 2002. Very difficult to do in the modern era of frontloading, but not impossible considering Wonder Woman's insane multiplier. 

When you have 80 theaters that are really low volume that make more in 2.5 days than any other movie has in its entire run that's a real phenomenon at play.  33 of these theaters had Black Panther as their top grossing movie by Fridays end!  A huge number of people that don't show up for movies in general came opening day for this and loved it.  Millions irrelevant to the box office of prior movies will see this one multiple times.  At this point I'd say you gotta look upwards...if these smaller theaters could have had more showings they would've all been full too and that will show itself in the upcoming days/weeks 

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I really don't see that happening, no chance.

The reason WW could get a 4x multiplier is because it only made a $100m in it's opening weekend AND was released in the summer holidays.

Just like every other Marvel film, it will be forgotten in under a month.

Just like every other solo Marvel debut that opened over 190 million, you mean? Oh wait, there hasn’t been any!

• Like 2

Just now, Alexiswills12 said:

Just like every other solo Marvel debut that opened over 190 million, you mean? Oh wait, there hasn’t been any!

It's 17 films into the hype machine, this run is all hype wait and see.

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It's 17 films into the hype machine, this run is all hype wait and see.

Then Spiderman and Thor at 15th and 16th, by your reasoning, should have done huge numbers like this as well. There’s hype and then there’s a cultural phenomenon.  

Oh please do not be contradictory just for the sake of it. 

Edited by Alexiswills12
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Jennifer Lawrence is a fine actor who has for some reason made it her mission to be the most annoying personality on press tours/award circuits possible. yes, we get it, you like pizza, har har har. I like celebrities because they AREN'T like me, frankly. Chris Pratt is both annoying in real life and annoying as hell as an actor. Good as Star Lord, though.

i agree with you like i've talked about this before if i was rich and famous there's no fucking doubt i'd be PRINCE LEVEL WEIRD

also chris pratt probably has as long on the a-list as the star lord/jurassic world wave lasts. he's kinda fun but not the best at the acting. even if Jlaw leaves the a-list she'll still come back and do oscar movies and stuff. him though?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i agree with you like i've talked about this before if i was rich and famous there's no fucking doubt i'd be PRINCE LEVEL WEIRD

also chris pratt probably has as long on the a-list as the star lord/jurassic world wave lasts. he's kinda fun but not the best at the acting. even if Jlaw leaves the a-list she'll still come back and do oscar movies and stuff. him though?

He can always retreat back to television.

Edited by filmlover

From an admissions-revenue standpoint, yesterday was the second-biggest Saturday in AMC’s history, slightly behind the all-time AMC Saturday record set on Dec. 26, 2015 by Star Wars: The Force Awakens (that date includes both AMC and Carmike which were separate companies at that time).

I need a gif of Lupita dancing on the boat to insert here.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Alexiswills12 said:

Then Spiderman and Thor at 15th and 16th, by your reasoning, should have done huge numbers like this as well. There’s hype and then there’s a cultural phenomenon.  

Oh please do not be contradictory just for the sake of it. 

error reasoning not found.. those are not the first films of their character.

My point was that the Marvel brand contributes massively to Black Panthers success, and just like every other Marvel film we should be expecting big drops to come.