That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

25M seems generous for Annihilation at this point. Anything over mother! would be a win.

Well, I doubt it'll have audiences storming out of the theater in disgust well before it's over like mother! did, for starters. Also, Arrival was a "brainy" sci-fi movie that ended up legging it out to over $100M despite just a B CS grade. Of course, I'm not expecting Annihilation to be another Arrival but I imagine most of the people who go in not expecting a full-on sci-fi action picture will appreciate it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Wonder Woman is the only comparison really but WW opened much lower .

What about Avengers and Deadpool?

I think 2.8 or higher is a safe bet for BP.

Basically 540 m DOM is the floor but I expect much higher.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Probably, but then it would have been super awkward after playing the trailer in theaters since October :hahaha: 

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.  I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKING CASUALS ON THIS MOTHERFUCKING FORUM.

Edited by That One Guy

There are no comps. Just through Saturday Black Panther is the TOP grossing movie alltime at 80 AMC theaters!  That is insane.   https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/black-panther-top-grossing-film-history-at-33-amc-theaters-1085844

-Im sticking with 700M. I know that seems silly for a Feb movie and that it's well above even Avengers...but this is not gonna follow established patterns.  

Edited by Rumpot
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

There are no comps. Just through Saturday Black Panther is the TOP grossing movie alltime at 80 theaters!  That is insane.   https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/black-panther-top-grossing-film-history-at-33-amc-theaters-1085844

-Im sticking with 700M. I know that seems silly for a Feb movie and that it's well above even Avengers...but this is not gonna follow established patterns.  

I agree. It has an “Avatar” energy to it.

Edited by Alexiswills12