That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

44 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Black Panther OW predictions from the Winter Game:

That One Guy: 140M

Empire: 132M

grey ghost: 125M

Fancyarcher: 120M

Kalo: 120M

WrathOfHan: 120M

The Panda: 112.4M

damnitgeorge08: 112M

Telemachos: 103M

Alfred: 102M

aabattery: 100.69M

DamienRoc: 100M

Simionski: 100M

TalismanRing: 100M

YourMother: 100M

ZeeSoh: 100M

sakskidz: 96M

bcf26: 90M

Spaghetti: 90M

Wrath: 88M

Chasmmi: 87.5M

JJ-8: 86.4M

kayumanggi: 85M

glassfairy: 65M

33 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

More shame from the Winter Game:

This time domestic numbers...

Empire: 348M

YourMother: 310M

Fancyarcher: 302M

That One Guy: 291M

aabattery: 275.69M

Kalo: 262M

The Panda: 260.4M

grey ghost: 260M

WrathOfHan: 260M

ZeeSoh: 250M

Alfred: 227M

JJ-8: 225.1M

Telemachos: 225M

Wrath: 224M

bcf26: 215M

Simionski: 210M

damnitgeorge08: 202M

DamienRoc: 200M

sakskidz: 197M

kayumanggi: 190M

Spaghetti: 175M

TalismanRing: 175M

glassfairy: 150M

Chasmmi: 145M

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Its gonna do more than the highest OW prediction in 2 days!!

its also gonna do in 3-4 days what many predicted it to do in its lifetime. 

• Like 2

I HOPE THIS SUCCESSFUL CHAIN DEADPOOL-SUICIDE SQUAD (yeah, bad reviews, but we talking about money and he took it a lot)-WONDER WOMAN-BLACK PANTHER SHOW STUDIO'S ONE ONE THING: DOESN'T EXIST ANY "SAPELESS SUPERHERO" FOR AUDIENCE.

PEOPLE WANT TO SEE ANY GENDER, ANY COLOR, WITH ANY MPAA'S RATING, ETC. HERO.

SO JUST GIVE ME:

- SANDMEN

- MOONKNIGHT

- DOCTOR VODOO

- ETC.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

I HOPE THIS SUCCESSFUL CHAIN DEADPOOL-SUICIDE SQUAD (yeah, bad reviews, but we talking about money and he took it a lot)-WONDER WOMAN-BLACK PANTHER SHOW STUDIO'S ONE ONE THING: DOESN'T EXIST ANY "SAPELESS SUPERHERO" FOR AUDIENCE.

PEOPLE WANT TO SEE ANY GENDER, ANY COLOR, WITH ANY MPAA'S RATING, ETC. HERO.

SO JUST GIVE ME:

- SANDMEN

- MOONKNIGHT

- DOCTOR VODOO

- ETC.

giphy.gif

Keep Moon Knight to Netflix/Hulu imo. I'd rather the first Arab superhero on the big screen not be a nut case personally.

Edited by Mulder

57 minutes ago, a2knet said:

‘Black Panther’ Rips Apart Box Office Records: 3-Day Opening Rises To $194M+; 4-Day At $223M+

http://deadline.com/2018/02/black-panther-thursday-night-preview-box-office-1202291093/

Holy shit, they say it could go as high as 68?!? Not gonna get too excited though since Rth told us 66 just an hour ago, but if it does go up to 68m it has a shot at beating TFA's $60.5m all time Sunday record. 

:ohmygod:

• Like 3

tumblr_nsb3knTCt71re3x32o1_500.gif

Age Of Ultron is definitely going down for the 3-day. Jizzus Cunthrist, a Black Panther solo outing as the 5th biggest opening of all time. The Godly genius of Feige and Coogler :ohmygod:

Best comparison for this has to got to be The Avengers at this point, as it was also a 200M-region superhero opener w/an A+ CinemaScore and its drops have been the closest to Panther's so far. Using its 18% drop, the 66.8 Sat that BP had converts to a 197.4M 3-day opening. While the 68M Sat gives us a 199.6M 3-day. But given that Panther's Sat hold was a little better than Avengers' (13.9% vs 11.9%), if Panther keeps that 2% difference for the Sunday, its range is around 198.7-200.9M. Fucking insane.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Firepower said:

No, I mean Batman vs Superman through Wonder Woman. People liked Wonder Woman so much that they decided to skip another big movie with her in one of the lead roles and the movie about creating Wonder Woman, which flopped really hard.

People skipped on another big movie with her in one of the lead roles because Batman V Superman sucked balls and everyone knew Justice League was a follow up to that. With or without Wonder Woman in it, it was too little too late to save that ship.

The notion that the general audience disliked Wonder Woman, when it made 4 times its opening weekend result (something no other 100 million+ opener has ever achieved), is absolutely, utterly STUPID, to say the least.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 6

Fuck it, I'm gonna call it now before it happens...

Black Panther #2 All-time Domestic (unadjusted)

Sorry @IronJimbo it seems beloved Avatar is going to trickle to 3rd domestically, it had to happen sometime. 

Some of the best multipliers from 4-day Presidents weekend are 3.2-3.4x, with a $230m 4-day at the high end seeming likely, that gives $736-784m, So there's a chance this surpasses Avatar. Given it's WOM is phenomenal, I seriously wouldn't discredit this completely just yet.

• Like 1

Same Friday (even the same preview:true Fri split more or less) as CW but 20+ bigger weekend: 

- It's not a sequel so less front-loading

- Sunday gonna be much better than -31% of CW in part due strong late shows due to holiday on Monday

- It's a cultural-phenomena like CW was not

- Reception could be better than CW

CW like legs (2.28x off the 3-day) give it 451 dom with a 198 ow. Has to be the floor imo. EDIT: Seems too low. 475-500 should at least happen even if it shows bad legs.

Edited by a2knet

I’m finally seeing Black Panther at 1pm today. It’s been out since Tuesday here but I’ve had such a busy week (nice things though) so I’m excited for this afternoon. 

Wow at that Saturday. Definitely another JW/TA in terms of opening. Fantastic. 

13 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Fuck it, I'm gonna call it now before it happens...

Black Panther #2 All-time Domestic (unadjusted)

Sorry @IronJimbo it seems beloved Avatar is going to trickle to 3rd domestically, it had to happen sometime. 

Some of the best multipliers from 4-day Presidents weekend are 3.2-3.4x, with a $230m 4-day at the high end seeming likely, that gives $736-784m, So there's a chance this surpasses Avatar. Given it's WOM is phenomenal, I seriously wouldn't discredit this completely just yet.

It's highly unlikely since it would basically require TFA's multi outside of the holiday season, but you're right it can't be totally discredited yet given the ecstatic early audience reception coming in and this opening. And the fact that it basically has its entire run without a big competitor. WiT may be the only other movie for two months to crack 100m, and that's targeting families so it's not really direct competition. Rampage may do like 150m, but BP will be pretty much done by then anyways. 

With a 200m OW I'd give it like a 50/50 chance of beating TA. Maybe 5-10% chance at Avatar. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1