That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Also, I'm convinced at this point that Captain Marvel will pull at least 95M OW, possibly 100+ too. It may not be as big of an event as Wonder Woman on paper, but WW had the disadvantage of following BVS and Suicide Squad (despite her own presence in BVS being an advantage on her side). CM, on the other hand, has the MCU hype all over its tail (especially if Panther pulls off the unlikely achievement of becoming the 1st major cbm to have a Best Picture nomination), as well as audience thirst for more diverse superhero movies.

I think Captain Marvel is $85-95m similar to Doctor Strange and Guardians, $100m wouldn't be surprising but I think the release date might hamper it a little.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

Ultron dropped 26% from Avengers.

Civil War dropped 11% from Ultron.

Whichever you consider to be the previous avengers movie, the same drop again would put it below GOTG2.

And this is not the final film so don't give me that "finale bump" shtick.

But the hype for IW is clearly bigger than either AOU or CW.

Thanos + characters who had smash hit movies in 2016/2017/2018 = $$$$$

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sam said:

You know, Black Panther is already doing incredible for itself BO-wise as proven by this gigantic preview numbers and the OS figures up to this point. Everyone can see that.

It doesn’t need the artificial propping up from Infinity War potentially grossing less.

Yea but it'd be pretty fucking great if it did.

9 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Ant-Man 2 will be Marvel's lowest grossing movie in a while but still comfortably over $200-250m. 

Ant-Man and the Wasp is the perfect follow-up to IW. (And BP.) It doesn't have to be big. By it's very nature it's expected to be much smaller and could still be hailed as a hit even with much smaller numbers. It's a nice easy way for Marvel to keep the hit parade flowing without being under pressure to put up stupid huge numbers.

10 minutes ago, DAR said:

Well he said he's burned out them, didn't say anything about the rest of the movie going public

these people any hint of anyone not being interested in a superhero movie sets them off. you'd think with so much winning they'd learn to be a little more secure.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

BP is reaching beyond its demographic, and I don’t buy that IW will. IW will be another CW type of run. I could very easily see BP beating IW in the long run.

BP features new characters and new settings. It looks and feels like a fresh film. IW looks exactly like the first two Avengers movies - same characters, same general story, more of the same of everything. There is nothing new about IW to reel in viewers who were not too interested in the previous films or their half-siblings, Civil War and GotG. Tony Stark meeting Peter Quill induces nothing but yawns from me.

Edited by LonePirate
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I think cap marvel will do $150m+ ow. I think if wonder woman was made by marvel studios, it would have done $150m+ ow too. Just like BP, hype will build once we are near to release.

I don't see Captain Marvel being like BP at all, not that it won't be successful but not $150m OW 

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Yea but it'd be pretty fucking great if it did.

Sure. I’m in on the BP > IW after all.

But still, y’all doing this now like it’s a big deal and that it proves something that BP has to outgross IW. And I’m saying amidst all these incredible reports about BP performances, it’s nothing but artificial. 

• Like 2