grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

14 hours ago, scoobysaurus said:

Saw it for a third time. Gets better with every viewing. At this point I'm not even sure if I was too harsh after my first viewing, or it's just the obsessive JP fanboy in me convincing me to like it more. Regardless, it's very enjoyable movie - better than FK in every metric aside from the score. Go watch it!!!

How is this worth 3 viewings??

Edited by Halba

I liked the first JW and still did during a HBO re-watch his year. Can't remember anything from JW2 though, so will be giving this one a pass and wait for streaming.

Ok, would probably still have gone, but no one I know wants to see it, and it's really not worth going to the cinema alone for it.

Bummed out at just how little fun I had with this one. On paper, if someone reeled off the plot to me, I'd think "Wow! Sounds like a last era Fast universe blast!" But, yeah, Treverrow just doesn't really build any suspense, tension throughout the entire thing. The action beats outside of one nice stretch near the beginning all belly flop. I did love DeWanda Wise though. More of her, please. Expecting very mixed word of mouth for this one. Oh, it's long and it feels long too. 

With all that said, I'm ready for the next iteration of Jurassic flicks. I'd like to see those ones lean more into horror rather than the quasi-Bond/Bourne/Indy stuff this one very awkwardly leaned into.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Bummed out at just how little fun I had with this one. On paper, if someone reeled off the plot to me, I'd think "Wow! Sounds like a last era Fast universe blast!" But, yeah, Treverrow just doesn't really build any suspense, tension throughout the entire thing. The action beats outside of one nice stretch near the beginning all belly flop. I did love DeWanda Wise though. More of her, please. Expecting very mixed word of mouth for this one. Oh, it's long and it feels long too. 

With all that said, I'm ready for the next iteration of Jurassic flicks. I'd like to see those ones lean more into horror rather than the quasi-Bond/Bourne/Indy stuff this one very awkwardly leaned into.

Bummer that you didnt like it so much, but i 100% agree with your wish for a more horror-themed JP movie. I know it wont ever happen, but a R-Rated Jurassic Park/World movie would be glorious.

My personal hope for the future of the series is that they dont make another trilogy, but more standalone films where you could really experiment with the storys. A survival horror thriller would be a near perfect choice for something like that imo.

4 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Bummer that you didnt like it so much, but i 100% agree with your wish for a more horror-themed JP movie. I know it wont ever happen, but a R-Rated Jurassic Park/World movie would be glorious.

My personal hope for the future of the series is that they dont make another trilogy, but more standalone films where you could really experiment with the storys. A survival horror thriller would be a near perfect choice for something like that imo.

Survival horror thriller on Sorna in 2003 in the aftermath of all the undercover Ingen corruption. Or a prequel horror before 1993 about the formation of the park. All must be rated R obviously

Edited by Alex SciChannel

Why aren't monster film fans more concerned about the quality of their films? 20 Godzilla films. Countless Jason films. What is it? Star Wars has 9 films. 6 of them have been judged harsher by fans than a Nuremberg hearing. What is it? What are your qualifications for a quality creature feature?

17 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Survival horror thriller on Sorna in 2003 in the aftermath of all the undercover Ingen corruption. Or a prequel horror before 1993 about the formation of the park. All must be rated R obviously

The ship for an R-rated Jurassic Park has sailed the moment Steven gained the rights. I don't think they could do a horror-based prequel to Jurassic since everything was starting to go wrong in the original movie. It be way too contrived.

Now, a movie centering on Sorna during the storm and the people attempting to leave that island - now there's potential. Especially if you set up the T-Rex couple.

2 hours ago, ThePhasmid said:

Why aren't monster film fans more concerned about the quality of their films? 20 Godzilla films. Countless Jason films. What is it? Star Wars has 9 films. 6 of them have been judged harsher by fans than a Nuremberg hearing. What is it? What are your qualifications for a quality creature feature?

thumb_everyone-the-new-godzilla-movie-is

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I would love to see it move more in the horror direction, but I doubt it will happen.

Kids love dinos, and kids are a big part of the JP franchsie audience. Moving to horror  might make it something too dark for kids, withresulting box office fall off.

79 percent is not a good starting point for a newly released blockbuster with a built in fanbase. This reeks of a pump and dump release. Big OW. Zero care for quality control from the studio or actors.

Weren't the cast and crew forced to live together for 4 months for this movie?

I have been saying that about Horror movie fans in general. They seems to support any horror movie that comes along ncluding some  which are absolute stinkers.

14 hours ago, YourMother said:

Jesus these last few posts are fucking depressing.

But they are pretty accurate

Fact is, people say they want chages and new ideas in their franchises, but if you actually give it to them they generally stay away in droves.

• Like 1