grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

Finally saw it. Definitely one of the biggest trainwrecks I have seen from a major studio for a franchise like this. All they had to do was play it safe: give me a basic hero's journey with a clear protagonist, throw in some funny side characters, show a lot of cool dinosaurs. What we got instead was a Golden Corral plot: lot of everything, all of it terrible. One of the worst written blockbuster I have ever seen with absolutely terrible editing both interscene and intrascene. 

Trevorrow has never proven himself as a great blockbuster director. I thought Jurassic World was messy as hell, but it was way more fun than this. The Jurassic Park franchise needs a big reboot. The hard part is who do you keep? I dont think Pratt or Howard aren't good enough to carry another series. I think they need to do a hard reboot, factory reset. New characters, totally new story. Definitely a new director and writers.

• Like 3

They need to do Jurassic Park 4 (direct sequel to the trilogy, no connection to Jurassic World whatsoever), significantly ground the whole thing, focus on a good script first, try to lure in a big name director, not another noname indie director with one film nobody saw. But of course that's just a wishful thinking, they'll just make something even worse than this somehow and will continue making them until one of them finally bombs at box office.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobysaurus said:

@Bishop54 it's great to see you back and active here!! 

Aaaand we made it to a 100 pages! 

Hey pal, I only got to see Dominion 4 times in theaters....couldn't pull off the 16 or 17 times like I did with the first Jurassic World. Hope everything is well with you.

Edited by Bishop54
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bishop54 said:

Hey pal, I only got to see Dominion 4 times in theaters....couldn't pull off the 16 or 17 times like I did with the first Jurassic World. Hope everything is well with you.

All good here! Even I couldn't match my JW viewings lol just saw it 5 times so far and I guess that will be it. Won't be long until its on streaming platforms here. FWIW @Brainbughas taken over as the resident JW fanatic here and we cannot compete 😋

Idk what to say but I didn't vibe with the film as much as I did with JW or even FK. Still hope it makes it to a billion.

I thought you left the forum for good or something and I'm glad I was wrong - the JW collectors set you managed to get for me is still proudly displayed among my JP collection. Missed you Bishy! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Firepower said:

They need to do Jurassic Park 4 (direct sequel to the trilogy, no connection to Jurassic World whatsoever), significantly ground the whole thing, focus on a good script first, try to lure in a big name director, not another noname indie director with one film nobody saw. But of course that's just a wishful thinking, they'll just make something even worse than this somehow and will continue making them until one of them finally bombs at box office.

They need to go back to basics, trapped on Isla Nublar/Sorna and need to get out. Set before JW.

5 hours ago, scoobysaurus said:

All good here! Even I couldn't match my JW viewings lol just saw it 5 times so far and I guess that will be it. Won't be long until its on streaming platforms here. FWIW @Brainbughas taken over as the resident JW fanatic here and we cannot compete 😋

Idk what to say but I didn't vibe with the film as much as I did with JW or even FK. Still hope it makes it to a billion.

I thought you left the forum for good or something and I'm glad I was wrong - the JW collectors set you managed to get for me is still proudly displayed among my JP collection. Missed you Bishy! 

I lost my Dad, my Mom, and my dog all in a 4 year span...too much loss to want to even go one let alone go on forums. I'm slowly coming around though. I certainly like Dominion much better than Fallen Kingdom. FK opened just after my Dad died and I needed it to be so good to provide me with a distraction...it didn't do the job. I think I put too much hope into it, I doubt any movie would have provided what I needed at the time.

I'll try to be around more, miss you too Scooby!

2 hours ago, Bishop54 said:

I lost my Dad, my Mom, and my dog all in a 4 year span...too much loss to want to even go one let alone go on forums. I'm slowly coming around though. I certainly like Dominion much better than Fallen Kingdom. FK opened just after my Dad died and I needed it to be so good to provide me with a distraction...it didn't do the job. I think I put too much hope into it, I doubt any movie would have provided what I needed at the time.

I'll try to be around more, miss you too Scooby!

I'm so sorry to hear that man, and may your mom and dad's souls rest in peace, your dog too. I'm on the other side of the world but if you ever need someone to talk to or get stuff off your chest please don't hesitate to contact me - I just want you to know that you're not alone. Stay strong!

Edited by scoobysaurus
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I suspect they will let the franchsie rest for a while ehy they decide where to go with it.

Maybe a total reboot, who knows?

This movie did okay. It had better legs than the previous one. I think one movie every 3-5 years is fine. Maybe not reboot but soft reboot with new leads.

7 hours ago, CloneWars said:

This movie did okay. It had better legs than the previous one. I think one movie every 3-5 years is fine. Maybe not reboot but soft reboot with new leads.

Huh? Or, are you referring to a non domestic market in which JWD did have better legs than JWFK?

JWFK 148/418

JWD 145/375(?)

13 hours ago, John Marston said:

Anyone check out the final season of Camp Cretaceous? 

Yep, an actual a good Jurassic Content in 2022.

Better characters than Dominion, Focused on Dinosaurs instead of Bugs like Dominion, Better story than Dominion, More dinosaurs eating people than Dominion, more Action than Dominion, more emotions than Dominion, and an actual satisfying ending unlike Dominion.

Epic End To The Camp Cretaceous Saga unlike Dominion. 

Edited by THUNDER BIRD

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

AMC has added a placeholder for the extended cut. Trying to guarantee that 1 billion?

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/jurassic-world-dominion-extended-edition-70458

I mean both JW and JWFK has some late expansion toward the end of the summer. Universal wouldn't want to waste the chance to milk as much as possible to $1bn when the dryland is ahead and tease about the extended cut was there since the movie opened. 

Bryce Dallas Howard on reports of pay disparities with Chris Pratt:

“The reports were so interesting because I was paid so much less than the reports even said, so much less,” Howard said. “When I started negotiating for ‘Jurassic,’ it was 2014 and it was a different world, and I was at a great disadvantage. And, unfortunately, you have to sign up for three movies and so your deals are set.”

Howard continued, “What I will say is that Chris and I have discussed it, and whenever there was an opportunity to move the needle on stuff that hadn’t been already negotiated, like a game or a ride, he literally told me, ‘You guys don’t even have to do anything. I’m gonna do all the negotiating. We’re gonna be paid the same and you don’t have to think about this, Bryce.'”

“I love him so much for doing that,” Howard concluded. “I really do, because I’ve been paid more for those kinds of things than I ever was for the movie.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl