WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 80) | Black Panther 111.7M | Game Night 17M | Peter Rabbit 12.8M | Annihilation 11.1M | Fifty Shades Freed 7.1M | Jumanji 5.7M

Yep Marvel was playing hard ball with everyone and only RDJ had real power and that was something Marvel (seems like Ike) hated. Notice how all the monetary issues for talent haven't happen since Feige took complete control of Marvel Studios. 

The issue going forward is how many of the Avengers stars and starlets are still bound by early agreements and longterm options which Marvel can continue to exploit individually. To counter, I’ve learned the Avengers cast are becoming united behind Robert Downey Jr who is seen as the “leader” – like “a big brother” in the words of one rep – for all the younger actors in the ensemble. “He’s the only guy with real power in this situation. and balls of steel, too. He’s already sent a message that he’s not going to work for a place where they treat his colleagues like shit,” one source explains.

http://deadline.com/2013/05/robert-downey-jr-avengers-marvel-negotiations-fight-491675/

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rumpot said:

Google trending has Saturday actually peaking a good 20-30% higher than Friday which is interesting...don't see that much.  Usually it's higher than Friday up to 7pm for obvious reasons but peaks lower or at best the same level.  Dunno what that means...because the correlation with box office numbers has been anything but obvious, but no surprise I'm gonna guess a stupid high number...48-50m?

Just a little more and its in range of my stupid high prediction

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yep Marvel was playing hard ball with everyone and only RDJ had real power and that was something Marvel (seems like Ike) hated. Notice how all the monetary issues for talent haven't happen since Feige took complete control of Marvel Studios. 

http://deadline.com/2013/05/robert-downey-jr-avengers-marvel-negotiations-fight-491675/

Yep, RDJ is the man. he's famously generous and it's just great that he cares for his castmates so much. :bravo:

• Like 1

Don't fool yourselves people.

ANY studio movie is a Walmart product.

They are designed for the masses, for mass consumption.

The moment you spend 150m+, you are obviously trying to reach mothe than the Cinephile Societies and Circles of the coastal elites who like nothing more to show how sophisticated they are when it comes to art.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, VGPOP said:

I would be very disappointed if it only increases 40%. This needs to increase 50%. I want 55%

Your Highness, my apologies for going so low. +66% increase is absolutely mind-blogging. That is -27.6% drop from last Saturday.

Since you keep getting historical numbers, let's project a "reasonable" -25.9% drop for your Sunday number.

FRIDAY: $28,800,00

SATURDAY: $47,800,000 (+66.0%)

SUNDAY: $35,419,800 (-25.9%)

SECOND WEEKEND: $112,019,800

The second best second weekend of all time, Your Highness.

:D

• Like 1

February Calendar Gross is at $808M as of 23/02 ($10M from the record 2012's $818.2M)

Add $47.8M from BP, $7M from GN and $4.2M from Annihilation

And we are at $867M from 3 numbers on Saturday. Still have the rest of Saturday until Wednesday to go. Likely going to pass $1B for a quarter of $1.964B+ so far.

44 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

Your Highness, my apologies for going so low. +66% increase is absolutely mind-blogging. That is -27.6% drop from last Saturday.

Since you keep getting historical numbers, let's project a "reasonable" -25.9% drop for your Sunday number.

FRIDAY: $28,800,00

SATURDAY: $47,800,000 (+66.0%)

SUNDAY: $35,419,800 (-25.9%)

SECOND WEEKEND: $112,019,800

The second best second weekend of all time, Your Highness.

:D

that sunday drop is too low.

this is following Deadpool's sunday drop. 

47,800,391      66%    18,942,391    

31,404,857     -34%  -16,395,534