Alli

Weekend Thread | Estimates per BOM ~ BP 65.7M, RS 17M, DW 13M, GN 10.7M, PR 10M, ANL 5.65M, J:WTTJ 4.5M, FSF 3.3M, TGS 2.68M

1 hour ago, Matrix4You said:

BP has roughly a $4,000 PTA today. 

$4,000 Friday

$7,000 Saturday

$5,000 Sunday

PTA = $16,000 = 65.344.  That is probably the best we will get this weekend.

edit: cannot rule out a 30M Saturday.

edit:  Perhaps a good ceiling number would be 30M Sat, 20M SUnday, or just 50M between Sat & Sunday + whatever it does on Friday = around 66.6 max.

edit: Or Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.

That number would be absolutely perfect for my Derby prediction :D 

• Like 1

Is this a boring wknd or something? I mean, it's a freaking 60m 3rd wknd, so on paper it doesn't look like a boring wknd, but only 15 pages so far suggests the forum activity doesn't look like an exciting wknd either.:jeb!:

Edited by vc2002
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Is this a boring wknd or something? I mean, it's a freaking 60m 3rd wknd, so on paper it doesn't look like a boring wknd, but only 15 pages so far suggests the forum activity doesn't look like an exciting wknd either.:jeb!:

Let's get this party started then! :anyone:

6 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Maybe a 202-3day 240-4day ow., and a 111M 2dn we. sucked all the air of emotion out of BP's run.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Maybe a 202-3day 240-4day ow., and a 111M 2dn we. sucked all the air of emotion out of BP's run.

So it's like a post-orgasm situation. You simply find it a lot harder to get it up again.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, baumer said:

Yes, the two Mary's for sure....didn't help that they were both in Fried Green Tomatoes together :)

LOL

I miss the eighties and nineties in terms of the films released and all those actors and actresses that were so familiar to film lovers!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Black Panther is truly a cultural event like the first Avengers was, except BP will end up meaning so much more.

I can't overstate how much of an impact BP is making after seeing grown men and women in tears, and happy black kids seeing a superhero lead that finally looks like them.

Same here.

The reality is that Wonder Woman and Black Panther have certainly changed the game (a game that I hope continues being diversified and taken in exciting new directions). I have a sixty-one year old friend who happens to be of Latino and Native American descent; he went to see Black Panther (he loved it, as well as Wonder Woman) and he told me, with tears in his eyes, that the day he gets to watch a major superhero blockbuster in which the lead is either a Latino or a First Nations character, he will be able to die happy.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Wow, 16.5 Sat after a 16 friday? That must be the worst increase ever for a movie out of the opening weekend...

Mate, it's Saturday morning, not even Odin has the Saturday numbers. The 16.5 refers to Friday number. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Chewy said:

@IronJimbo

sPHmn6U.gif

Hmm all within calculations... going to get about 60m this weekend then gonna have weekdays very low by comparison.

This film is going to end up with what around the same gross as unadjusted  MCU movie The Avengers, not what I would call a phenomenon but to each their own! World wide it's looking to fall around $1.3b worldwide, ending up in tier 3 of the highest grossing films of all time, very impressive.

On 28/02/2018 at 5:47 PM, IronJimbo said:

t: 10.1 (422)

w:7.5 (429.5)

t: 7.5 (437)

f: 16 (453)

s: 25 (477)

s: 18 (496)(oscars)

m: 3.5 (499.5)

t: 4 (503.5)

w: 3.5(507)

t: 3.5(510.5)

f: 8.5(519)

s: 13(532)

s: 9(541)

m: 2(543)

t: 2(545)

w: 2(547)

t: 2(549)

1 month total approximation $550m

seems a bit low where are my numbers off?

Edited by IronJimbo

11 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Mate, it's Saturday morning, not even Odin has the Saturday numbers. The 16.5 refers to Friday number. 

I put Sat #'s in the title by mistake. Hence the confusion.

• Like 1

16.5 million (+146.3%) is an excellent number for BP. It puts 65 million for the weekend back in the play.

Case 1>> Fri - 16.5m (+146.3%), Sat - 28.87m (+75%) & Sun - 20.2125m (-30%)

Case 2>> Fri - 16.5 m (+146.3%), Sat - 29.7m (+80%) & Sun - 19.305m (-35%)

Case 1 Weekend Total = 65.587 million & Case 2 Weekend Total - 65.505 million. Sunday might not go so high but 64.973 million for the weekend looks likely atm. It'll catch up with JW and clear 500 million within 17 days at the same time.

Edited by MaxAggressor
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

29 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

So it's like a post-orgasm situation. You simply find it a lot harder to get it up again.

like a post-second-orgasm to be precise...

Something tells me RTH would be fond of this conversation.:jeb!:

http://deadline.com/2018/03/jennifer-lawrence-red-sparrow-black-panther-death-wish-bruce-willis-box-office-1202308124/

Saturday night is always a huge turning point for this movie, and if it ultimately hits $500M by Sunday, that’s no surprise. Even if it falls slightly short of a half billion, Black Panther will rank as the second-highest grossing Marvel movie at the domestic box office, running over Avengers: Age of Ultron ($459M) and standing behind Avengers ($623M). At present, Black Panther will own the third best third weekend ever at the domestic B.O. behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($90.2M) and Avatar ($68.5M).

Edited by MaxAggressor
  • Like 2