Ezen Baklattan

The 6th Annual BOFFY Awards: The Official Ceremony.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i can't believe he's still calling people casuals when he had jumanji up in his top ten. like it's always been dumb because he's always had basic taste but he's been doing the bit for like a year now and it's so cringe every time.

It was the best blockbuster of 2017, mate.

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

We haven't reached peak Han though. The nominations night was wild

That wasn't even my final form :ph34r: 

4 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

Many people didn't rank it - it wasn't that well seen. :( 

That explains the egregious CMBYN placement but Coco?  It had bigger B.O. than Get Out or Dunkirk. 

The voters here are just tasteless or prejudiced against animation like Tele and The Academy <_<

1 minute ago, Webslinger said:

The Three Billboards backlash on this site is so intense that I'm not surprised to see it finish as low as it did. It got a #1 vote from me, though.

So, Dunkirk then?

yep it got #1 from me too, still not enough to get it past 8. :/ 

And no, Nolan always wins the top 25 and loses best picture boffy, it's the tradition. makes sense that get out won.

An interesting side note:

For the five years that the BOFFIES have run, the Best Picture winner at the Oscars was nominated for Best Picture at the BOFFIES, but never won the actual BOFFY. Bad news for Get Out? Good news for Shape or Billboards?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

That explains the egregious CMBYN placement but Coco?  It had bigger B.O. than Get Out or Dunkirk. 

The voters here are just tasteless or prejudiced against animation like Tele and The Academy <_<

I would guess less people on this forum saw Coco than Dunkirk/Get Out since it's probably predominantly single male people on this forum.

I wanted to see Coco and I'm sure it's quite lovely, but I unfortunately didn't get around to it. And that damn Frozen short.

1 minute ago, Blank Panther said:

Glad we're keeping up the tradition of BOFFY and Top 10 doing well. Both Dunkirk and Get Out are excellent films and it's cool they both get the award

For comparison

BOFFYS

2017: Get Out

2016: La La Land

2015: Inside Out

2014: The Grand Budapest Hotel

2013: Gravity

2012: The Master

Top 25

2017: Dunkirk

2016: Arrival

2015: Mad Max: Fury Road

2014: Interstellar

2013: Gravity

2012: The Dark Knight Rises

A Nolan movie has yet to win a BOFFY, although he won his first BOFFY today for director.

• Like 1

Win count:

4: Dunkirk, The Shape of Water

3: Blade Runner 2049

2: Call Me by Your Name, Get Out

1: Baby Driver, The Emoji Movie, The Florida Project, The Greatest Showman, Lady Bird, Phantom Thread, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Wonder Woman

• Like 1