Ezen Baklattan

The 6th Annual BOFFY Awards: The Official Ceremony.

Eh.

Get Out is fine but tbh I think of it as a really good social satire and a decent horror movie kinda awkwardly stitched together. Find it pretty telling that most people I've seen excessively praise it usually bring up bits like "I would have voted for Obama a third time" and the like and nothing from the final third, other than the admittedly brilliant police siren moment. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

I would guess less people on this forum saw Coco than Dunkirk/Get Out since it's probably predominantly single male people on this forum.

I wanted to see Coco and I'm sure it's quite lovely, but I unfortunately didn't get around to it. And that damn Frozen short.

that Frozen short was removed in week 3, you have no excuse :ohmyzod:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Isle of Pasta said:

An interesting side note:

For the five years that the BOFFIES have run, the Best Picture winner at the Oscars was nominated for Best Picture at the BOFFIES, but never won the actual BOFFY. Bad news for Get Out? Good news for Shape or Billboards?

That's yet another reason why I haven't had the balls to predict a Get Out win: it just seems too cool for the Academy, even with the influx of younger members in the last couple years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Mad Panda said:

For comparison

BOFFYS

2017: Get Out

2016: La La Land

2015: Inside Out

2014: The Grand Budapest Hotel

2013: Gravity

2012: The Master

Top 25

2017: Dunkirk

2016: Arrival

2015: Mad Max: Fury Road

2014: Interstellar

2013: Gravity

2012: The Dark Knight Rises

A Nolan movie has yet to win a BOFFY, although he won his first BOFFY today for director.

another year of splits. another year proving that gravity is the real mvp.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

An interesting side note:

For the five years that the BOFFIES have run, the Best Picture winner at the Oscars was nominated for Best Picture at the BOFFIES, but never won the actual BOFFY. Bad news for Get Out? Good news for Shape or Billboards?

#FishSex

1 minute ago, Blank Panther said:

that Frozen short was removed in week 3, you have no excuse :ohmyzod:

I had my finals during week 3.

I made an attempt during Christmas time to see it with @Deep Wang but the times didn't work out. After that, I was unavailable to see a movie until I returned back to D.C. and it was out of most theaters by then.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

I think we should shutdown the funniest poster category because we are obviously not making good decisions there. 

This guy who won couldn't even hold on to a 2x ratio and he's still funniest somehow. Standards are dropping man.

• Like 6

Gotta say also, the worst winner is TGS for Epic Run. Yeah, it was a good run, but Get Out was so much more impressive to me since it was an R-rated horror film

(Also helps that Get Out is a good movie lol)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Eh.

Get Out is fine but tbh I think of it as a really good social satire and a decent horror movie kinda awkwardly stitched together. Find it pretty telling that most people I've seen excessively praise it usually bring up bits like "I would have voted for Obama a third time" and the like and nothing from the final third, other than the admittedly brilliant police siren moment. 

i agree the third act could've been improved. a more thorough explanation of how the cotton got in his ears would've made the movie better and more worthy of an award.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I had my finals during week 3.

I made an attempt during Christmas time to see it with @Deep Wang but the times didn't work out. After that, I was unavailable to see a movie until I returned back to D.C. and it was out of most theaters by then.

you get off for now, but y'all better rent it within the next two months

• ...wtf 1

Just now, Blank Panther said:

Gotta say also, the worst winner is TGS for Epic Run. Yeah, it was a good run, but Get Out was so much more impressive to me since it was an R-rated horror film

(Also helps that Get Out is a good movie lol)

i disagree just looking at their runs. get out had a better than expected opening and good drops but greatest showman had a rubbish opening and insanely impressive drops. a movie that opened to 33mil and a movie that opened to 8mil are gonna end up around the same total that's pretty good.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i agree the third act could've been improved. a more thorough explanation of how the cotton got in his ears would've made the movie better and more worthy of an award.

Would it really have been so painful for Peele to try have LEGITIMATE hypnosis in his movie? 

The sunken place isn't even real. Took me way out.