CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

I'm trying not to be too bullish on Infinity War after getting burned on my predictions for Age of Ultron and Civil War (I pegged both at 210 heading into their respective openings), but it's worth noting that the first Avengers film adjusts to a $234.5 million opening. Even with the pre-sale figures, I'm putting it ahead of Last Jedi's $220 million figure.

And yes, that Deathly Hallows number from nearly seven years ago is still mind-blowing. (Also: it's been almost seven years already? Time flies.) The fact that only two films have surpassed its midnight gross with preview times bumped up by five hours speaks to how unbelievably massive it was.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AJG said:

@CJohn

Can there be a “Just the numbers” thread?

A thread that just updates with new numbers. I don’t want to be sucked into this thread.

There is a just numbers thread pinned in here....I'll try to update it with just numbers....I'll try to get the mods on board as well.....but anyone can update that thread.  

1 hour ago, LaughingEvans said:

For someone who is not a fan of the movie/franchise, and has a clear predisposed opinion on them, he spends too much time posting in the relevant threads. Same goes for you. Your posts reek wishful thinking, rather than well formatted opinions. So yeah, people don't take you seriously, they're just irritated by your (constant) bs. 

Now, to give you some perspective, I am not a fan of F&F and never cared about it. Go and see how many posts I have in the relevant threads, or if I watch these movies in midnight premieres. 

I'm sad now because apparently no one takes me seriously :whosad:

(Reason why I post in Marvel threads is because I fucking like Marvel. Amd my wishful thinking as you called it is just me trying not to burn myself in overhyping like Ultron and CW. But sure, me some kind of annoying hater now, I guess.)

@Trease is the Word Actually, your opinion is wronger than saying 1 + 1 = 3 :sparta: Still, it's sad to see the extreme defensiveness some people pull off.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

Lower presales then TLJ does not mean it cannot be beaten because it is likely that IW will be less backloaded as evidence by CW and AOU opening weekends. 

TLJ 45/220 =20.45% midnight to OW Ratio

RO 29/155 =18.7%

AOU 27/191 = 14.13%

CW 25/179 = 14%

For Example, it can get around 35 million previews and increase the % to 16% and open around TLJ.

So I don't think TLJ is safe by any means :)

If it gets around 40 million in previews it can get an 18% ratio and still beat TLJ.

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I'm sad now because apparently no one takes me seriously :whosad: (:rofl:) 

(Reason why I post in Marvel threads is because I fucking like Marvel.)

Youre not ambitious enough, thats the problem.

• Sad 1

For someone who is not a fan of the movie/franchise, and has a clear predisposed opinion on them, he spends too much time posting in the relevant threads. Same goes for you. Your posts reek wishful thinking, rather than well formatted opinions. So yeah, people don't take you seriously, they're just irritated by your (constant) bs. 

Now, to give you some perspective, I am not a fan of F&F and never cared about it. Go and see how many posts I have in the relevant threads, or if I watch these movies in midnight premieres. 

That's some heavy dose of irony coming from you of all people.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Trease is the Word said:

I don't see why you guys are attacking me. It's a perfectly reasonable opinion and one that quite clearly most other people hold. 

4 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

You're parents and imaginary girlfriend don't count. 

See this is the stuff I'd like to avoid this weekend.  Not everyone liked the film and if someone like @Trolltastic Tele posted the same thing Tree did, none of you would be so upset.  Not everyone is a Marvel fan, not everyone is going to like this film.  Tree saw it, paid money to see and has every right to tell us how he feels.  You don't have to like it or agree with it, but attacking or criticizing him for it is not the way to go.  If you don't like his opinion,express that you disagree and then move on.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

First Five Seasons are very good, after that though....pure fanfiction.

I'll never agree with people who say stuff like that. There are 13 seasons, of course some of them will be weaker but the show has really found its footing again in the last couple of years. Heck, there are four or five episodes from the last couple of years that I'd probably put in my own personal top 10.

Either way this show isn't really one to be taken too seriously, it's just a fun ride.

But yeah, opinions and all that, I get it.

edit: Why am I even talking about Supernatural here? So, IW eh? I think it just misses out on the OW record by a hair or two.

Edited by Arlborn

Now, to give you some perspective, I am not a fan of SW and never cared about it. Go and see how many posts I have in the relevant threads, or if I watch these movies in midnight premieres. 

:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

I'll never agree with people who say stuff like that. There are 13 seasons, of course some of them will be weaker but the show has really found its footing again in the last couple of years. Heck, there are four or five episodes from the last couple of years that I'd probably put in my own personal top 10.

Either way this show isn't really one to be taken too seriously, it's just a fun ride.

But yeah, opinions and all that, I get it.

Maybe i should have expressed myself a bit better :) even though i feel like everything after Season Five is in the realm of fanfictions, i still enjoy it very much. Its all a bit gooffier, has more camp and also feels a bit ...cheaper than everything before it, but its still hella entertaining. Season 11 for example was near prime quality for me (havent seen Season 12 or 13 yet).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

That's some heavy dose of irony coming from you of all people.

For one, I never hide behind my finger when I'm predisposed about something, especially when that's your pal Zack. So yeah, no. 

@baumer as I said, it's perfectly fine for tree to have his opinion, but it's also perfectly fine for everyone else to call him out on his ridiculous claims. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

If IW opens over TFA then it could pass TA DOM easily with Winter Soldier, SMH, or GotG2 legs.

Here’s the thing, it won’t have those legs.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

What are the range for box office predictions on the low end?

It seems the lowest predictions from people here are from the 210-220 range from Tele and Tree. 

Yup, I don't think anyone has suggested it will do less than 210M. Not with a straight face anyway.

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Yup, I don't think anyone has suggested it will do less than 210M. Not with a straight face anyway.

Based on what I see, it should open to around TLJ I think.

That is odd, as opening around TLJ is seen as conservative but after CW and AOU I will remain conservative. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

3 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

For one, I never hide behind my finger when I'm predisposed about something, especially when that's your pal Zack. So yeah, no. 

@baumer as I said, it's perfectly fine for tree to have his opinion, but it's also perfectly fine for everyone else to call him out on his ridiculous claims. 

Calling out is one thing, disagreeing is one thing, saying he has an imaginary blow up doll girlfriend is another.  Just be civil.  I don't agree with a lot of Tree's opinions on film either, but there's a way to discuss that without insulting or getting personal.

• Like 3

GOTG2 - 6.0

Homecoming - 7.0

Thor 3- 6.0

Black panther - 6.5

IW - 7.5

I really have no idea how critics think that Thor 3 and BP are a better film than IW/?

To me, IW did a incredible job in distributing the screen time to its mega cast, I feel the pain for the editor who forged the footage....Almost no movie can achieve that feat since ROTK, whcih was benefited by nearly 1 hour longer runtime.

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

What are the range for box office predictions on the low end?

It seems the lowest predictions from people here are from the 210-220 range from Tele and Tree. 

The range is all over the place.

If you really want to know, then go to the pinned OW contest put on by @MattW