CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

IDK if this is the thread for it, but I'm so impressed with MoviePass's dickish-ness that I'm laughing. They implemented a "no rewatch" rule today super quietly into their TOS. Like there's no announcement for it on any social media or anything. I wonder why they chose this weekend to add that rule... :rolleyes:

• Haha 6
  • Sad 2
  • ...wtf 1

I see people doing a lot of spoilers about 'Avengers: Infinity War' and it is so stupid, like come on don't ruin someone's experience just because you think it is funny or because you're so stupid that you cannot keep your mouth closed. This is a movie that must be seen without knowing anything about it, basically every second of the film is a potential spoiler. This is why I wanted to watch the movie ASAP, on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter the first comments on a AIW post are all spoilers, if you want to talk about the movie do it with someone who has watched it outside of public who hasn't. 

• Like 2

Just now, Blankments said:

IDK if this is the thread for it, but I'm so impressed with MoviePass's dickish-ness that I'm laughing. They implemented a "no rewatch" rule today super quietly into their TOS. Like there's no announcement for it on any social media or anything. I wonder why they chose this weekend to add that rule... :rolleyes:

I'm so excited to see what their restrictions will look like right before they shutter :hahaha: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

Holy shit, 97 pages already. Rather than searching I guess I might as well ask off the bat: is this breaking the OW record?

No.

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

My sister's friend was roughed up by a cop when he was 16. A van of 7 kids in it and he's the lone person of colour sitting in the back seat. 

Threatened him cause he se he couldn't produce a lisence. Problem was he didn't have a lisence cause he hadn't taken the test yet. But damn dude his experience wasn't as bad as yours and I'm so sorry that happened

When I was 18 right before college a bunch of cops made me and my friends (all people of color) get out of the car and get up against the hood as they searched my car. They pull out a gun from under my seat and start telling all of us we're going to jail and they're arresting us. Pointing their guns at us and shit. All of a sudden the cop puts the gun back on his belt and says "we were just fucking with you" and they all get in their cars and drive off. That's par for the course man. And I'm a white boy with Democratic stickers on my car, people of color have this every month here not every year or two like me. 

• Sad 1
  • ...wtf 2

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm so excited to see what their restrictions will look like right before they shutter :hahaha: 

I wouldn't be surprised if they start deciding which movies you can use it on very soon.  They did it as an "experiment" with blocking Red Sparrow earlier in the year already.  Since they have failed to partner with the big chain theaters I think they will try with studios...though even far less of a chance a studio like Disney would ever share revenue per ticket.  Anyway, whatever they try out of desperation will be fun to watch...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

When I was 18 right before college a bunch of cops made me and my friends (all people of color) get out of the car and get up against the hood as they searched my car. They pull out a gun from under my seat and start telling all of us we're going to jail and they're arresting us. Pointing their guns at us and shit. All of a sudden the cop puts the gun back on his belt and says "we were just fucking with you" and they all get in their cars and drive off. That's par for the course man. And I'm a white boy with Democratic stickers on my car, people of color have this every month here not every year or two like me. 

See that was the thing, in my mind I had always thought Canada was better in that regard. And in some ways it is, but it's my no means perfect