CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

3 minutes ago, Eldenfirefly said:

Just for a mathematical way of doing this. Deathly Hallows Part 2 did around 30% more in box office domestic as well as WW than Deathly Hallows Part 1. If Avengers 4 is truly the culmination of this entire 20 movie arc. well... imagine adding on 30% to the current box office that Infinity war is already doing... lol  Its crazy numbers I know. But I am doing this using mathematics. :D

I am on record right now that Avengers 4 is going to not only break this opening weekend record, but will also challenge for $800m+ 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 4

Absolutely insane numbers! Two things of note....

1) If $106m and $83m hold for Friday and Saturday then we would need $73.9 million today to beat TFA's adjusted opening weekend. 

2) Using a few calculations I've come to the conclusion that as of right now the highest realistically possible opening weekend (realistically, not a made up theoretical situation where a movie sells out every seat on every screen for every theater all weekend) is about $315 million ($65m preview + $80 million true Friday + $90 million Saturday + $80 million Sunday). 

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

My posts haven't been wrong recently.

Yeah, they have and proved that this morning and throughout the weekend.  

It's fine, I already knew they were wrong but fun to point them out to you and see you squirm.  

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Yeah, they have and proved that this morning and throughout the weekend.  

It's fine, I already knew they were wrong but fun to point them out to you and see you squirm.  

What you pointed out actually confirmed everything I've been saying about you.  

tenor.gif?itemid=3524932

But like I said, it' peaceful around here when I'm not arguing with you, so you can believe whatever you choose too.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, manny1234 said:

I Wish Marvel never sold the film rights to the X-Men.

No I think that was necessary. We’re not here today celebrating this level of performance if marvel didn’t have the pressure of using their “forgotten” characters. 

• Like 2

Just now, manny1234 said:

They had to. There were struggling financially.  Relying just on the comic book business alone was driving them to financial ruin.  Let's just be thankful that they have managed to turn things around so brilliantly so that we can now get the MCU as it is.  :D

2 minutes ago, manny1234 said:

Nope - Marvel selling off the rights to the "top 3" (Spidey/Xmen/F4) forced them to utilize the others in a way we wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I love the more personal nature of the X-Men movies, the internal emotional wreckage, betrayals and struggles, it just feels way more dramatic to me than anything the MCU has put out with the possible exception of Guardians 2.

It's a shame that we'll lose a whole different approach to comic book movies with this stupid deal.

I love MCU's approach as well, it feels incredibly vibrant and fun, but I really wish we could keep the more down-to-earth approach the FOX X-men movies have as well. It will be a sad day when we lose that variety.

No offense but I keep reading people saying this with the X-Men franchise itself (not including Deadpool but that's a whole other beast and quite frankly, your argument makes more sense there) and I keep thinking: wasn't Killmonger effectively Black Magneto? Its simplified but in essence you have the tragic victim belonging to an abused minority class with motivations that make you go "you know he has a point" but you don't go along with him fully because you know he's psychotic as charismatic terrorists/would-be tyrants/cult leaders tend to be. I think MCU can pull off the dramatic baggage of that property. 

I mean as already mentioned, X1/X2 informed the MCU formula. Hell I remember noticing when I rewatched X2 years back how in terms of the booking for trying to give most of that cast something interesting/memorable to do regardless of screentime* and planting seeds of "we could do that" for future installments (most which unfortunately don't pan out) and Easter eggs, etc., it reminded me of the future ensemble team-up pics that MCU would make billions from. 

*=Except Cyclops got boned. He deserves better than what that franchise has done with him. 

3 minutes ago, manny1234 said:

Yes and no for me cuz its great to have all characters sans Spider-Man & The Hulk full rights but with x-men Marvel never would have gave some characters chances cuz x-men are already popular

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

What you pointed out actually confirmed everything I've been saying about you.  

But like I said, it' peaceful around here when I'm not arguing with you, so you can believe whatever you choose too.  

Actually the exact opposite, but you don't get much of anything right so not expecting it to start here.