CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

Just now, That Ambitious Guy said:

Avengers and TFA are similar in that they’re huge openers.  I was theorizing that Avengers would end up being more frontloaded this time around due to its likely weak three day multi.  If it only gets to $45M, then I doubt it gets the OW record

But historically Marvel movies are less preview heavy than SW. I guess it could change with this one but I think that's the only reason people give it some shot at the record.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Wait, is it 36 or 45? 36 is about exactly what I expected, 45 makes me look like a huge dumbass (big shock)

And so summer begins early in late April. We have very early industry estimates showing Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War at $45M for Thursday night, and west coast showtimes have yet to kick in. Should that projection maintain into the night, it would easily be the best Marvel preview ever, stepping over Avengers: Age of Ultron ($27.6M) and the second best ever tying with Star Wars: The Last Jedi ($45M) and filing behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens first night ($57M).

These forecasts do not come from Disney, rather Deadline sources, so if you see another publication reporting this number — they got it from us. We could see higher figures, and we could see lower by AM — some think it could go as low as $36M-$38M, and that’s still a Marvel preview night record. Nonetheless, Infinity War is another hit for the Teflon Marvel.

lolDeadline, basically.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2