CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

35-45 eh? Deadline useless as always. 35 would be shockingly low to me, 45 would be about what I expected. Thought it might push 50, but since these numbers were likely just pulled out of DL's butt, don't know why I'm even talking about them.

Anyways, wow. That movie was a whole lot of a whole lot. Can't honestly say it's comparable to any other blockbuster I've ever seen. And I think that's what makes me love it the most. Have no clue what legs will be like, if I'm being completely honest. I can see how it might be too much for the GA, but at the same time it's such a dazzling supernova it might be too hard for anyone to resist. 

10 minutes ago, kitik said:

what trailers did you folks get?

I got:

-Deadpool

-Jurassic World

-Venom

-Fantastic Beasts

-Mission Impossible

-Incredibles

-Solo

Amusingly, among others, I got a Justice League trailer. Yes, really. Everyone thought it was an Aquaman trailer at first, but after about 15 seconds it was like, "Wait, this is the Justice League trailer..."

• Haha 5
  • Astonished 1

21 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Going even past deadline's prediction. I admire your guts.

Deadline seems about as sure of there number as my grandma seems walking down icy stairs. 

$36 million would almost shock me. It would have to really fall off on the West Coast. 
$45 million would be right in line with a lot of the numbers a few of our members posted leading right up to 7pm.

I'm gonna go $47 million.

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

@Water Bottle @baumer and other admins -- is it possible to gift someone a gold/premium membership, especially during that sale?

Or does it have to be done manually by the mods? Or outright impossible? :P 

It's possible if you have their e-mail. The site lets you send a code to someone which they can use for credits to buy the account.

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/store/gift-cards/

to buy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Also while I was trying to stay off the Internet for IW spoilers I watched this really interesting movie called American Pop, anyone seen it?

I haven't, but I'm a big fan of its director, Ralph Bakshi.

• Like 1