CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

9 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I wondered that too but looking at audience reception so far on both Twitter and Flixster over the past few hours, reception seems to be a lot more positive than negative. And I can see audiences coming back just to take it all in again and look out for clues on where it could go.

Fans have been prepared for this for a while. It's not like the TLJ situation where many fans felt like they didn't use Luke to his potential before wacking him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jessie said:

So you can drive a car at 15, enlist in the army at 17, own an assault rifle at 18 but cant drink until you hit 21? Yeah your laws are dumb.

"Give them guns but dint give then alcohol, thats irresponsible" 😂

:lol:

Let them have their laws.

Can anyone explain why America has a higher car crash death rate than most countries in europe though? (Like Uk or Germany)

6 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

First thursday Numbers, this means preview number is not far out!

Looks like Avengers hurt the other films a lot.

2 minutes ago, Jessie said:

So you can drive a car at 15, enlist in the army at 17, own an assault rifle at 18 but cant drink until you hit 21? Yeah your laws are dumb.

"Give them guns but dont give then alcohol, thats irresponsible" 😂

Your laws definitely need a re-think

better than alcohol and guns at the same time

I watched the first Thor last night probably for the first time since 2011 or 2012. I actually liked it quite a bit this time lol. The first time I just found it boring and I guess I compared it to much to Iron Man. But this time I really enjoyed Loki and I like the hawk eye cameo and the shield stuff was cool and Natalie Portman and Kat Dennings are just adorable in it. So Chalk me up as a fan of the original Thor where initially I did not like it at all.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Please let the previews be whatever it needs to be to end up with 230m OW for my Summer Game :sparta:

Whenever you done watch the movie, gonna need your stance on Ebony Maw asap. It’s important. 

3 minutes ago, Kraken said:

I don't think legs will be any different to the usual Marvel stuff.

I think they'll definitely be better than CW or AoU. I'm just using those overstuffed movies as comparison cause this one flows much better and is easier to follow despite so many characters and locations. Also, feels really big and important (unlike the other 2 rather filler-ish movies) and is more fun and emotional. It actually has really good tonal shifts (something that CW in particular doesn't).  

Edited by Valonqar

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Fans have been prepared for this for a while. It's not like the TLJ situation where many fans felt like they didn't use Luke to his potential before wacking him.

Without getting into spoilers...the ending rubbed certain people in my theater the wrong way. I could hear them commenting as I walked out. I don't know if that's going to be the case elsewhere but I guess we'll see. Saw a ton of trends pop up on Twitter too but those leaned more positive or another word I don't want to use because I feel it would be spoilery.

7 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

:lol:

Let them have their laws.

Can anyone explain why America has a higher car crash death rate than most countries in europe though? (Like Uk or Germany)

Looks like Avengers hurt the other films a lot.

Because UK and Germany have far stricter tests. Passing isn't as easy as sinply driving in and out of cones

Also, roundabouts are life

Edited by Jessie
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

Whenever you done watch the movie, gonna need your stance on Ebony Maw asap. It’s important. 

Oh I'm a fan, I noted this somewhere pages back in the Spoiler Thread, I think.

Or it might have been in a WhatsApp chat. But me likey

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I think they'll definitely be better than CW or AoU. I'm just using those overstuffed movies as comparison cause this one flows much better and is easier to follow despite so many characters and locations. Also, feels really big and important (unlike the other 2 rather filler-ish movies) and is more fun and emotional. It actually has rally good tonal shifts (something that CW in particular doesn't).  

Better than Civil War, sure. Better than AOU, nope.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1