Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

5 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

If Venom opens anywhere near Suicide Squad and has a 2.4 multiplier then Sony is greenlighting a sequel faster than you could say sym-bye-ote.

So true.

I do wonder what the sweet spot for greenlighting a sequel is. If I had to guess I'd say anything over 150M dom/500M WW will see a sequel greenlit pretty fast. I do think it's making quite a bit more though.

• Like 1

If this movie is a success, I wonder if it will convince people to use October more. Seriously, you have a long weekend early on because of Canadian Thanksgiving and Columbus Day and it's almost always barren, yet no 100M plus opening weekends? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

So true.

I do wonder what the sweet spot for greenlighting a sequel is. If I had to guess I'd say anything over 150M dom/500M WW will see a sequel greenlit pretty fast. I do think it's making quite a bit more though.

What do you think the budget is? I honestly think it's $80 million to $120 million tops... and that $400 WW would be good enough... Though I agree I think it'll make much more than that

1 hour ago, Pinacolada said:

What do you think the budget is? I honestly think it's $80 million to $120 million tops... and that $400 WW would be good enough... Though I agree I think it'll make much more than that

I have a hard time believing it would be more than 120M myself, yeah.

On 4/29/2018 at 5:08 PM, CoolioD1 said:

if you look through the list, the other stuff that got emojis are amazing spider-man 2, terminator genisys, x-men apocalypse, true detective season 2. therefore it doesn't bode well for this.

And don't forget the beloved classics these came from:

:redcapes::ohmygod::ohmyzod:

And we'll just go ahead and say this is from SM3

:hahaha:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TheManFromBeyond said:

I hope we get an emote of Hardy's face when he says "I dunno". That shit was funny.

I finally figured out that he's doing a parody of his Tommy performance from Warrior in this movie judging by the trailer. 

On 5/6/2018 at 12:22 PM, Jake Gittes said:

I might just go into real depression if, out of 2010s Tom Hardy blockbusters, fucking Venom gets a sequel and Fury Road doesn't. 

Fuck Warner Bros for the whole George Miller lawsuit situation... If we don't get sequels because of that, I will be so pissed. Can't Miller just take it to another studio?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

Fuck Warner Bros for the whole George Miller lawsuit situation... If we don't get sequels because of that, I will be so pissed. Can't Miller just take it to another studio?

Warner Bros. owns the IP.

• Like 1

Did Fury Road even make a profit?

I keep reading articles saying how much the budget was spent and the whole thing was expensive ( budget possibly over 200 million ). Then there was marketing and promotion.

I have no idea. I loved that movie, but I don't see a sequel happening. 

13 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Did Fury Road even make a profit?

I keep reading articles saying how much the budget was spent and the whole thing was expensive ( budget possibly over 200 million ). Then there was marketing and promotion.

I have no idea. I loved that movie, but I don't see a sequel happening. 

I remember reading at the end of that year it was definitely a money-loser, even if it wasn't a substantial one.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mekanos said:

I think it probably broke even at best theatrically but I'd bet it was a big seller on home video. 

It did make big money on blu ray. As of the end of 2016, it had made $60 million on bluray and DVD alone...

19 hours ago, filmlover said:

I remember reading at the end of that year it was definitely a money-loser, even if it wasn't a substantial one.

Though you are not wrong, I think people should consider that it made more money domestically than it's budget. A lot of movies like Tomb raider or Pacific Rim 1... Movies that barely broke even like a Mad Max Fury Road, both had their domestic grosses well below their budgets, whereas Fury Road made more money than its budget domestically alone. Another factor was that it never got released in China. If it had, its final gross would have been well over $400 million. Plus, its Bluray and DVD sales were great, like I stated above

• Like 1