Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

I don't get the appeal of Morbius. He is just a standard issue Vampire, not interesting as a villain at all.

He is a tormented character that was a genius and became a vampire by trying to cure himself and has more in common with the fly than with Dracula. He is even visually very appealing in a horror kind of way just like Venom.

Still remember his fight with blade in the comics and how he was thinking that blade is a lunatic cause blade was telling him how he survived fighting Dracula and morbius not believing in traditional vampires.

In a perfect world we would have a horror MCU with tomb of Dracula, werewolf by night,  morbius e.t.c. So many fascinating characters in the seventies’ marvel’s horror comics,

• Like 1

On 2018-06-01 at 12:49 AM, Thrylos 7 said:

He is a tormented character that was a genius and became a vampire by trying to cure himself and has more in common with the fly than with Dracula. He is even visually very appealing in a horror kind of way just like Venom.

Still remember his fight with blade in the comics and how he was thinking that blade is a lunatic cause blade was telling him how he survived fighting Dracula and morbius not believing in traditional vampires.

In a perfect world we would have a horror MCU with tomb of Dracula, werewolf by night,  morbius e.t.c. So many fascinating characters in the seventies’ marvel’s horror comics,

This.....is a good idea.

I just can't wrap my head around a Venom story without Spider-Man, but if Sony can successfully make an anthology of dark, horror-ish movies based on these darker villains/anti-heroes, yeah, I'm all over it.

The reason Tom Hardy (2015's villain of the year, The Revenant's John Fitzgerald :D) is giving me a lot of confidence in this movie, is that he was great juggling multiple personalities in "Legend".  In that movie, he played the legendary UK gangsters, the Kray twins. One was relatively  sane, but the other one was a violent loose canon.

When the Symbiote takes over Hardy's body, it's going to create some psychological trauma, and this is where Hardy will shine :D. The Symbiote causing Hardy to lose his mind, I can see him having some fun with that :D.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

The reason Tom Hardy (2015's villain of the year, The Revenant's John Fitzgerald :D) is giving me a lot of confidence in this movie, is that he was great juggling multiple personalities in "Legend".  In that movie, he played the legendary UK gangsters, the Kray twins. One was relatively  sane, but the other one was a violent loose canon.

When the Symbiote takes over Hardy's body, it's going to create some psychological trauma, and this is where Hardy will shine :D. The Symbiote causing Hardy to lose his mind, I can see him having some fun with that :D.

Yeah I agree the scenes that will have Eddie talking to the Symbiote I think are going to be really great to watch. We got a glimpse of it in the newest trailer and it looked really fun! Hopefully it's well executed so it doesn't come off as stupid. Really excited to see what Tom Hardy can bring! I think he'll be great

• Like 1

On 7/8/2018 at 11:43 AM, That One Guy said:

no posts for over a month.  bump so this thread can stay relevant.

Don't do that. Bumping a thread for the sake of bumping it does nothing.

If you have something to add to the conversation, just say it. If you don't, and just bump, you're broadcasting that you have nothing to say, ergo the thread is not, at this time, relevant.