Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

27 minutes ago, TheManFromBeyond said:

El Royale definitely has an uphill battle, but I would argue the marketing for it has been way better than Hotel Artemis' so far. We'll just have to see how the rest of its campaign does.

And I forgot about Goosebumps too. I think it's a really dumb move by Sony to release it and Venom one week apart, but hey, they could both do decently. And Universal is doing the same with First Man and Halloween, and both are looking to make good numbers.

The Goosebumps scheduling might be evidence that Venom is going rated R.

Edited by TalismanRing

3 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

Save girlfriend/Fight bad guy/Expose Truth/Lick faces.

The licking faces stuff is the only part that interests me. I find that to be hilarious. 

I just accept that Venom is one of those movies that I think looks not good that has a ton of interest and will open with 100+mil. It's going to be a Transformers thing for me and that's okay. The world doesn't revolve around me. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

Just saw the new trailer and thought it was pretty good.  Didn't completely wow me, but still enjoyed it.  I guess I'm in the minority in that and in the fact I could understand everything said in the trailer too :P 

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

some parents let their kids watch certain R rated movies. Bet many kids watched Terminator 2. I watched Speed and Air Force One when I was less than ten 

Yeah, but given that Tom stars in mostly R rated affair, that's what makes me believe that this will end up PG-13 (perhaps an more hard PG-13, but still not R). Then again, perhaps he meant taking his son to something more action packed and less talky (but Fury Road was action packed and R rated, and I imagine he didn't take his kid to that).

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

some parents let their kids watch certain R rated movies. Bet many kids watched Terminator 2. I watched Speed and Air Force One when I was less than ten 

I was shocked when I found out T2 was actually rated R and not PG-13! Considering how often the adults let us watch it when we were kids!

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, Deadpool 1's marketing made it clear on the outset that it was going to be R. Not the case with this.

Yeah, I don't see why they would hide that it was R rated? I'd imagine that it would be apart of the marketing campaign.