Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

15 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Just saw #Venom and wow people started walking out after the first hour. It really was that BAD. I would cancel my preordered tickets if I were you.

— Hotshot (@loganlovesmyass) October 2, 2018

Extremely disappointed with the let down that #Venom was 😣 One of the films I was most excited for turned out to be the worst film. Hate to say that considering I am the biggest Venom fan… Looks like i’ll be taking my family to #AStarIsBorninstead

— amaury 🕷 (@acidhunk) October 2, 2018

#Venom was only the best superhero movie I’ve seen in along while. It’s refreshing to see a superhero film that wasn’t bogged down by years of movies and characters. Def a worth see. Sony really gave it their all.

— Punished “Venom” Aaron (@Bizarnage) October 2, 2018

Pretty sure these are also fake. Gaga fans and the Venom fan who admitted he hadn’t seen the movie. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Pretty sure these are also fake. Gaga fans and the Venom fan who admitted he hadn’t seen the movie. 

A good example of why a B.S. Detector is a vital piece of equipment  when crusing the internet.

TRhat final comment by a Venom fan represents all I dislike about what interent fandom has become.

Edited by dudalb

And the point remains; Venom had to be really good and a big hit for it to do what Sony expected it to do:launch their Spideyverse into orbit.

Even if Venom avoids being a total failure, it is very unlikely it will dp well enough to build a solid foundtation for the Spideyverse.

IMHO the Spideyverse was always questionable; it's really hard to build a franchise based upon taking supporting charecters in a franchise and giving them solo movies. SOme of Sony's ideas, like the solo Young Aunt May movie, were so ridiculous that you have to wonder if the person making the propowol had not had one too many martini's at lunch.

Venom domestic headed toward an October opening record of $60M-$65M

https://deadline.com/2018/10/venom-to-course-throughout-the-world-with-175m-debut-as-bradley-cooper-lady-gagas-a-star-is-born-tunes-up-for-a-long-tour-1202474768/

Comparing it to four not-well received, non-MCU early 2000s type one offs

Daredevil adjusted: 61m

Hulk adjusted: 95m

Green Lantern: 61m

The Incredible Hulk (yea yea I know it was technically MCU, but come on people) - 71m

When you combine that with the trailer views, tracking, and pre-sales, I think October record seems fairly safe at this point.

• Like 1

I’ve seen Bot twitter accounts on the last couple of pages of this thread

They have a witty (probably copied) tweet on every American trending topic which leads their accounts to have an obscene amount of tweets per day. Mostly harmless jokes in order to gain legitimate followers. When it comes to politics and media they tweet about it with a right wing slant to their followers, that is how they operate. 

Edit: for example: This account is tweeting anti-Star Is Born, Pro-Star is Born, and is also a BTS Fan Account. It Tweets on everything just gain followers

Edited by AJG
  • ...wtf 1

According to Deadline young females aren't all that interested in A Star Is Born but rather older females are clamoring about it. So I guess the Venom fans thinking it's the Lady Gaga stans attacking their movie, better watch out for the minivan moms coming through 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

These early blogger media reviews are significantly worse than ASM2 and DOFP  APOC and even JL - movies that ended in the 40s to 50s on RT

1 hour ago, Rebeccas said:

It seems to range from Catwoman/F4-level disaster to weird but unintentionally funny reviews so I don't see that translating into anything over 50% lol

Catwoman and F4 were far worse than this in terms of critical/social media reception. I see your point, though.

1 hour ago, movieboner said:

Sony screwed up again. They don't know how to make superhero movies.

Only thing that made "Spiderman"Homecoming" a good movie was Feige's and Marvel Studios direct involment. Feige kept his distance from this one,and look at what is likely to happen.