Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

So does it mean Tom Hardy will play a Deadpool type character (meta) in the sweet summer o' 2025 ?

Venom is probably Tom Hardy s best career decision he ever made, he just doesn't why yet.

Edited by The Futurist

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

Why are people acting as if Michelle Williams doesn’t have a mortgage? She got bills so she’s trying to get paid. There ain’t no shame in that.

As I stated, an actor of the stature of Lawrence Olivier was honest that  he did a lot of movies just for the paycheck.

8 minutes ago, Alli said:

shades of The Mummy. the studio blamed cruise with that variety article after the bombage. who's gonna take the blame for this one? are we gonna see hardy in blockbusters after this?

Hardy is not the huge draw that Cruise was, so he will be harder to blame.

I suspect that Fleischer will be the fall guy.

Meanwhile Kevin Fiege is happy he has distenced Marvel Studios as much as possible from this probably fiasco.

29 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Hey, Lawrence Olivier, probably the 20th centuries greatest actor (he is not buried in Westminster Abbey for nothing) made a lot of crap in his later career simply because  he wanted to leave his kids something: a lifetime of great performances in the classics had not made him wealthy.

25 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Laurence Olivier was up front that he did all those lousy movies in his later career because they paid much better then his stage work,which, despite earing him the almost universal title of the world's best actor, had not made him wealthy,and he wanted to leave a fortune to his kids.

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

As I stated, an actor of the stature of Lawrence Olivier was honest that  he did a lot of movies just for the paycheck.

one thing i loved about laurence/lawrence olivier is that he never did a movie just for the money.

Edited by CoolioD1

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Hardy is not the huge draw that Cruise was, so he will be harder to blame.

I suspect that Fleischer will be the fall guy.

Meanwhile Kevin Fiege is happy he has distenced Marvel Studios as much as possible from this probably fiasco.

The actors will be fine.

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The actors will be fine.

Agreed. it'sthe director,  Fliescher who will be the fall guy.

Afer all, the studio brass can't be expected to face the fact they green lighted something which was a pretty iffy propostion from the first.

I think VENOM had to be really,really, good to work,and the sign all are that it's along way from being really, really, good.

Oh, you will have the usual fanboys who will love it to death, but I suspect they will be in the minority this time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Am I crazy or does does the camera change shots 6 different times, after every sentence, towards the end of this clip?

?

It's clearly edited down, but it makes the romantic scene look like Liam Neeson jumping a fence in Taken 3. Also, the odd camera angle during the kiss suggests there's zero chemistry on the set. It looks like Tom Hardy is kissing the air between William's hair and his face.

2 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

It's clearly edited down, but it makes the romantic scene look like Liam Neeson jumping a fence in Taken 3. Also, the odd camera angle during the kiss suggests there's zero chemistry on the set. It looks like Tom Hardy is kissing the air between William's hair and his face.

I watched that scene 3 different times and didn't even realize there was a kiss involved :bagoverhead:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

You guys are really worried about Tom Hardy? The only people in Hollywood that can survive a train wreck are white male actors. Just ask Mr. Deadpool himself :bagoverhead:

Also, he's British. He can always retreat back to those kinds of productions in the event his Hollywood career ends up stalling.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Also, he's British. He can always retreat back to those kinds of productions in the event his Hollywood career ends up stalling.

I know a place where his talents won’t go to waste

EastEnders-Logo.jpg

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

I'm getting more and more excited for this movie the more I read about it! I'm not even kidding or being sarcastic! I liked the trailers well enough but they didn't really hype me much for it. All these comments though? Hell yeah, bring it on!

I've got great memories of the two Ghost Rider movies and I'm ready for more.

• Like 2

I want this to be Catwoman-level bad. Not agressively annoyingly bad like Suicide Squad or Green Lantern, but the really entertaining and obviously incompetent kind of bad. I need a good (bad) comedy. 

• Like 4