Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

Venom is going to happen guys. (And probably Animated Spider-Man too.)

The problem is that unlike Disney, WB, and even Fox, Sony only has rights to Spidey and his cast. So once you get past Peter Parker, who do you have left to make a movie about?

That's why I can pretty much guarantee we'll be hearing about Spider-Gwen or Silk or some other Spider-Woman next year. Sony will want to do one of those characters too.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kitik said:

Venom is going to happen guys. (And probably Animated Spider-Man too.)

The problem is that unlike Disney, WB, and even Fox, Sony only has rights to Spidey and his cast. So once you get past Peter Parker, who do you have left to make a movie about?

That's why I can pretty much guarantee we'll be hearing about Spider-Gwen or Silk or some other Spider-Woman next year. Sony will want to do one of those characters too.

The problem movies about these characters without Spiderman involved make no sense  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AABATTERY said:

jonw.gif

Miles Morales and Lord/Miller, not to mention it'll be the first good thing from Sony since hopefully Homecoming.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

The studio has set October 5, 2018 as the release date of that comic book movie. The studio had previously announced its Girl with the Dragon Tattoo sequel, The Girl in the Spider’s Web, as opening on that date but then bumped it to October 19, 2018.

The setting of the release date happens the same day that Warner Bros. moved Aquaman off Oct. 5 to December 18, 2018.

Venom has no director yet, but does have a script: Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner, the latter who worked on 2014’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2, recently turned in a draft. (Dante Harper wrote a previous draft.)

Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach, among stewards of the Spider-Man properties, are producing and overseeing the project.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-spin-venom-gets-a-release-date-986880

I feel that this is all Arad's and Tolmach's fault somehow. I refuse to believe that Sony is that stupid. They probably have some kind of very strong pull with the studio so they are even entertaining the idea of this. This has bomb written all over. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

Maybe Aquaman was running from this movie? I mean both this date change and the Aquaman date change news happened around the same time yet there's more activity here than in the Aquaman thread? Just a small sample size but more people seem to be excited for a Venom movie?

Just now, DMan7 said:

Maybe Aquaman was running from this movie? I mean both this date change and the Aquaman date change news happened around the same time yet there's more activity here than in the Aquaman thread? Just a small sample size but more people seem to be excited for a Venom movie?

"Excited?" Stop trolling, DMan7. 

• Like 3

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

"Excited?" Stop trolling, DMan7. 

Let him troll. He obviously does not even know to read through a thread. Aquaman moved its date, this announced its date and no one knew it was happening. That accounts for "activity". But DMan has to troll by bringing up DC movies in every thread.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Let him troll. He obviously does not even know to read through a thread. Aquaman moved its date, this announced its date and no one knew it was happening. That accounts for "activity". But DMan has to troll by bringing up DC movies in every thread.

I think it's fair to say that we are all excited to ANYTHING but an Alex Kurtzman rushed Venom movie, but Aquaman got a pretty nice spot by the end of the year. I actually thought they'd move to the summer Batman date, but December is a great date too. 

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

I think it's fair to say that we are all excited to ANYTHING but an Alex Kurtzman rushed Venom movie, but Aquaman got a pretty nice spot by the end of the year. I actually thought they'd move to the summer Batman date, but December is a great date too. 

I think summer will be Gotham City Sirens for some reason. It just feels like that movie is ready to shoot and reportedly has a much lower budget. With Harley, Catwoman, Poison Ivy and Black Mask as the villain, the VFX will be much less as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I think summer will be Gotham City Sirens for some reason. It just feels like that movie is ready to shoot and reportedly has a much lower budget. With Harley, Catwoman, Poison Ivy and Black Mask as the villain, the VFX will be much less as well.

I like Ayer and I love Robbie as Harley, but I don't want them to rush this thing. If they have it ready by then great, but I just don't see it happening. 

• Like 1