Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

So the latest rumor about the movie is

Spoiler

We don't see the Venom suit till the final battle and it slowly takes over Hardy throughout the movie till the final reveal

If that turns out to be true, i expect the same complaints the first trailer saw to be continued for future trailers.

• Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

If that turns out to be true, i expect the same complaints the first trailer saw to be continued for future trailers.

Saw that earlier. Now I can set my expectations even lower. 

Well, the whole thing is based on a post from 4chan, and 4chan is anything but reliable.

I read the whole thing ( the "leaked plot" ). Besides, Manabyte says it's a rumor, unlike what he says about Deadpool 2 where he keeps saying the movie tested badly or whatever.

Ok here's the thing. First of all I'm not sure if those rumors are true because a lot of them stem from the 4chan thing and I don't believe a lot of that as it just tried to stitch together stuff from the trailer and make a plot out of it. However, I fully expect Venom to be in this a very minimal amount. And I get why people would be upset about that. But WHY does it make everyone so sure that the movie will suck? Who knows, maybe it'll work and be really good??? 

I would much rather have a really good and interesting movie with a great Tom Hardy performance with only a few minutes of actual Venom, then have a Venom movie with a lot of Venom that isn't as interesting or good. I just don't understand why everyone is so quick to call the movie crap because it's doing something different....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Hide contents

We don't see the Venom suit till the final battle and it slowly takes over Hardy throughout the movie till the final reveal

Said rumor also says the movie is good though 🤔

We live in a world where we read plot details and see rumors about said plot then automatically pass judgment on a film that we haven't even seen.

If the movie is executed properly and its good, does it matter? 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

We live in a world where we read plot details and see rumors about said plot then automatically pass judgment on a film that we haven't even seen.

If the movie is executed properly and its good, does it matter? 

This whole "early spoilers" culture slowly breeding on the internet is really getting out of hand lately, isn't it?

I'm guilty of it as well sometimes(I do tend to try to keep away though) but lately I'm feeling my movies experience a bit... Well, spoiled by it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

This whole "early spoilers" culture slowly breeding on the internet is really getting out of hand lately, isn't it?

I'm guilty of it as well sometimes(I do tend to try to keep away though) but lately I'm feeling my movies experience a bit... Well, spoiled by it.

It's tiring to say the least, and sometimes I get caught up in the hype, but then remind myself "it's just a movie". People really shouldn't jump to conclusion so soon. How about actually seeing the film first before declaring it's no good. For all we know the whole "doesn't become Venom until the end" thing, could really work in context. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I mean it's very easy to get spoiled and once one thing is spoiled the mentality is just well might as well see what happens completely. 

It really takes away from the movie going experience, in my opinion. And a lot of times you can go in with your mind set of whether you're going to like the movie or not just based on spoilers you've read. 

But the worst thing that could happen (if it hasn't already) is a studio seeing a bunch of negative backlash to something they may or may have not done in their movie and then take an otherwise good movie, cater it to the people who are complaining about a film they haven't even seen and make a poor movie instead. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 3

I know for myself I’m really excited for this movie so I’m ok with whatever as long as the movie is good. Hopefully the GA will buy in as well if it’s good so we can have more movies in the universe. 

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

4 hours ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

That would honestly explain how it was filmed so quickly.