Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

33 minutes ago, Shawn said:

What's the difference between the two, in your opinion?

In mine, tracking is based on a movie going population polling of level of awareness, interest, etc... using a formula specific for that type of movie and implied that the audience are being tracked, that is mostly build from a bank of comparable of that past.

Prediction is made without those data being available.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator
24 minutes ago, Barnack said:

In my, tracking is based on a movie going population polling of level of awareness, interest, etc... using a formula specific for that type of movie and implied that the audience are being tracked, that is mostly build from a bank of comparable of that past.

I agree 100%.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barnack said:

In mine, tracking is based on a movie going population polling of level of awareness, interest, etc... using a formula specific for that type of movie and implied that the audience are being tracked, that is mostly build from a bank of comparable of that past.

but,but,but......the trailer views !

two sides of the story...

For example, while overall mentions are well ahead of the same-point pace seen by Ant-Man and the WaspJustice LeagueLoganDoctor Strange, and even Suicide Squad, the ratio of positive-to-negative comments registers significantly lower than each of those titles and matches more closely with the Fantastic Four reboot, according to Boxoffice Pro metrics.

Essentially, for each projection running highly optimistic scenarios that suggest Venom could break the October record or even have a shot at becoming the first film to ever crack a $100 million+ debut in the month, another model puts it in a far more conservative-to-cautious position.

https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-venom-revisited-set-october-record/

Can't be this low, can it? Even DP1 was close to 60. A movie like Red Sparrow has a budget of 69 and like JLaw Hardy won't come cheap.

I read the budget for Venom could be $40M making this the most budget efficient AAA Marvel property of all time. I like these smaller budgets better, more story telling and guaranteed success for sequels.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/227-movies-at-the-theater/76448238

1 hour ago, a2k said:

Can't be this low, can it? Even DP1 was close to 60. A movie like Red Sparrow has a budget of 69 and like JLaw Hardy won't come cheap.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/227-movies-at-the-theater/76448238

Deadline/Variety/THR in celebrity salaries article wrote that Hardy got 7 mln for starring in Venom. No way the movie cost just 40 mln, it's definitely closer to 100 mln. If the budget had been somehow lower than Deadpool, then Sony's move to drop R-rating would have been completely idiotic.

Shoot seem to have been only 58 days, with apparently only 8 of them in San Francisco city location, it certainly do look cheap.

Even then, it does sound massaged down quite a bit.

A movie like The Big Short with a 49.55m gross budget, it end up on box office mojo at $28m:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=bigshort.htm

22 Jump street had a gross of 84.5m and a net cost of 66m, yet it still show up at 50m on mojo.

Would imagine something a bit similar here, a 68m gross, 52.8m net rounded down to 40.

15 minutes ago, Firepower said:

If the budget had been somehow lower than Deadpool, then Sony's move to drop R-rating would have been completely idiotic.

Not sure I get that part, Sony choosing between R and PG-13 is all about how much creative want which and how much their model expectation of total revenues for each rating look like.

13 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Shoot seem to have been only 58 days, with apparently only 8 of them in San Francisco city location, it certainly do look cheap.

Even then, it does sound massaged down quite a bit.

A movie like The Big Short with a 49.55m gross budget, it end up on box office mojo at $28m:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=bigshort.htm

22 Jump street had a gross of 84.5m and a net cost of 66m, yet it still show up at 50m on mojo.

Would imagine something a bit similar here, a 68m gross, 52.8m net rounded down to 40.

Having been raised in the SF Bay area, I am  pretty quick to notice when San Francisco is being "faked" on a studio lot.

For instance, Fisherman's Wharf in "Ant Man and The Wasp" probably got a lot of snickers in the Bay Area, since it does not really look much like the real Fisherman's WHarf.