Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

23 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Not sure I get that part, Sony choosing between R and PG-13 is all about how much creative want which and how much their model expectation of total revenues for each rating look like.

There's absolutely no sense in making low-budget PG-13 Venom movie, especially in 2018 with Deadpool 1-2 and Logan.

Edited by Firepower

I can't fathom how this will open to 50m+.

This film looks bad. Any of the three trailers released so far could make a case for being the worst individual trailer of the year. Aside from Tom Hardy, who is always entertaining, I've been disgusted by the horrible dialogue, generic visual style, the dialogue again, boilerplate story, and that 'turd in the wind' level dialogue.

Venom isn't a character with mainstream appeal. It's hilarious Sony thought that ending the first teaser with Venom's cartoonish face would resonate with the masses. Is Sony banking on Spider-Man comic book fans to turn a profit here?

If this film was halfway decent, it could perform well, but this looks like a train-wreck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I can't fathom how this will open to 50m+.

This film looks bad. Any of the three trailers released so far could make a case for being the worst individual trailer of the year. Aside from Tom Hardy, who is always entertaining, I've been disgusted by the horrible dialogue, generic visual style, the dialogue again, boilerplate story, and that 'turd in the wind' level dialogue.

Venom isn't a character with mainstream appeal. It's hilarious Sony thought that ending the first teaser with Venom's cartoonish face would resonate with the masses. Is Sony banking on Spider-Man comic book fans to turn a profit here?

If this film was halfway decent, it could perform well, but this looks like a train-wreck.

Last I recall, he was part of the reason that SM3 had a record breaking opening. 

• Like 3

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, Rumpot said:

Absurd comments out here. Venom popularity near par with Spiderman with this being a more appealing movie as a fresh take.  100M+ opening

I wont' deny Venom is popular , but saying he is nearly as popular as Spiderman IS absurd.