Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Synopsis leaked on 4chan yesterday. Don't know if true but supposedly rating is PG-13 and there's indeed comedy in particular one scene inspired by a certain MCU movie.

Hey man I'd love a PM too please

Edited by Pinacolada

1 hour ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

1) A-list doesn't exist.

2) Big chance that Venom will die in box-office very quickly.

According to Scott Mendelson the budget is only $100 million. So even if it dies out quickly, with the help of international it'll still be very profitable I think. If it is just $100 million, it'll be hugely profitable with just $400 million WW. 

I think with a let's just say $60 million OW (Could be more, could be less, I think it'll be more) it should be able to get to like $140m domestically easily, if not a solid amount more

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

'Venom' Tracking for $65M-Plus Bow; 'Star Is Born' Eyes $28M-$30M

Venom is poised to eclipse the $55.8 million debut of Alfonso Cuaron's Gravity (2013) to land the top October opening of all time, not adjusted for inflation. Other top October openings domestically include The Martian ($54.3 million) and Paranormal Activity 3 ($52.6), respectively.

Sony insiders are being more cautious in suggesting a $55 million-$60 million domestic launch for Venom

The superhero pic cost a net $100 million to produce and was financed in part by China's Tencent.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/venom-tracking-65m-bow-star-is-born-eyes-28m-30m-1142946?utm_source=twitter

5 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

Thank you

everyone who got the link, keep in mind that it may be a fake leak.  I love leaks cause they are fun and sometimes turn out to be all true or half true (for example, early Godzilla KoM leak was a mix of real and fake but mostly got the story and twists right despite rough spots) but always practice caution unless someone super reliable confirms. :)

Edited by Valonqar

28 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Got a strong feeling that tracking will change when the rating is revealed. They spent a long time saying it'd be R.

They really didn't. Before Hardy and Fleischer came on, they were saying they were gonna do rated R. But after, they didn't really say anything. At Comic-con, when Fleischer was asked by MTV I believe, he compared it to The Dark Knight as far as the darkness of the content. So it's PG13. Everytime Fleischer gets asked he responds "It hasn't been rated yet". If it was R, they would be bragging about it. Fleischer doesn't want to outright say it's PG13 cuz that will just disappoint everyone, including the person asking the question 

And a lot of Venom's competition are R rated movies like A Star Is Born, Halloween, and even though First Man is PG13 it will be adult skewing. Forbes wrote a great article about how Venom would be better off as just a PG13 blockbuster, then a rated R "different" sort of Superhero movie. It's the first blockbuster since Ant man 2 and MI Fallout, so it'd do better box office if it was just PG13. Rating wouldn't change the quality of the film

Edited by Pinacolada

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

Superhero movie with the brand, the high concept and with a trailer that work do seem to be able to be really huge regardless of critics.

Or shorter: superhero movies do huge. This isn't a revelation, but something to keep in mind for those who doubt these tracking numbers. AM2 is the lowest-grossing film in the genre in the last two years, and it will still end above $215M. That is #6 for the year, so far; it would have been #13 last year.

:Venom: could beat AM2 (and tracking).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Or shorter: superhero movies do huge.

Fan 4, Chronicle, Super, Kick-Ass 1-2, etc... a special type of SH movies are huge, all the movies in the last 2 year<s you have in mind had a big brand, a trailer working and they all proposed a clear high concept if they were not sequels.

I.E. Upgrade was really close to an SH movie, look quite a lot like Venom, didn't do 10m.

15 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

remember when Fan4stick was tracking to do 55mil? I sure do.

Fan4stick didn't have any hype and was getting a lot of hate from the very beginning, even before they started filming it. Venom will do like Suicide Squad, all signs are here.

Edited by Firepower