Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think based on how Iw and black panther operated on their Saturdays...

Ithink we are going to see a rather decent Friday with an explosive Saturday.

I am unsure but didn't IW increase way more last Saturday in percentage then the tA in 2012.

I agree. Saturday should increase 60-70% if friday is only 100%

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Terminator 2 is praised by the whole of the film community ? What ? It was just a simple blockbuster , nothing more nothing less. There’s nothing special, in terms of quality in t2, just a great action sci-fi film and that’s about it. It’s not like it’s apocalypse now or godfather 2.

Clearly you don't live in the same film community that I do. T2 is widely considered one of the greatest sci-fi action movies of all time.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Clearly you don't live in the same film community that I do. T2 is widely considered one of the greatest sci-fi action movies of all time.

It also appears frequently on many lists as one of the best action films of all time, if not the best. And its hard to argue against it honestly.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

As expected. Muted Friday, followed by stunning Saturday jump and great Sunday hold. MCU has a pattern that works like a clock. It's never going to be a Friday player past opening weekend but it's going to continue to be a big Sat/Sun one.

• Like 1

We'll have to wait for another Asgard update or official estimates, but given the numbers we have so far the range is 115-120m IMO. That would be a 53-55% drop, which would be quite a bit better than Ultron and CW. In fact, it would be a better hold than Winter Soldier, GOTG 1 and 2 and Ant-Man.

I don't want to hear anyone complain about this result.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Terminator 2 is praised by the whole of the film community ? What ? It was just a simple blockbuster , nothing more nothing less. There’s nothing special, in terms of quality in t2, just a great action sci-fi film and that’s about it. It’s not like it’s apocalypse now or godfather 2.

I disagree. 

T2 is one of the best ever films in its genre. Cheesy Jim Cameron dialogue excepted, it is an excellent film. Just witness the scene where Sarah Conor tries to escape the asylum. That scene is pure tension and cinematic inventiveness. In fact the whole film is filled with one brilliant action scene after another. 

In my view, Titanic and Avatar are two of Cameron's poorest films in terms of quality (visuals aside) Those two are the kinds of films that non-film-fans tend to like. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 1Robert1 said:

Do you think that next year cinemas will play IW part 1 and part 2? If so part 1 should be over Avatar.

Sounds silly, did this happen with LOTR or POTTER.

Sounds like something fun for the mega fams to do but the GA wont care for it

20 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

#GIVEUSLEGENDS says it all. :lol:

As laughable as this shit is, they are actually ruining the probability of their beloved KOTOR ever happening. Disney is powerful and doesn't need to cave in to a bunch of disgruntled EU fans who can't let go or can't find an eloquent way to persuade the studio that KOTOR is something that GA doesn't know they need but they do. Studio is only going to double down on ignoring them and doing whatever they want to do. 

Edited by Valonqar

10 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

I disagree. 

T2 is one of the best ever films in its genre. Cheesy Jim Cameron dialogue excepted, it is an excellent film. Just witness the scene where Sarah Conor tries to escape the asylum. That scene is pure tension and cinematic inventiveness. In fact the whole film is filled with one brilliant action scene after another. 

In my view, Titanic and Avatar are two of Cameron's poorest films in terms of quality (visuals aside) Those two are the kinds of films that non-film-fans tend to like. 

I said many times before but Cameron at his best makes genre classics.

At his worst, he creates unreachable milestones for box office records.

Now give me my like @IronJimbo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

I disagree. 

Well said about T2.

• Like 1

Just now, Valonqar said:

#GIVEUSLEGENDS says it all. :lol:

As laughable as this shit is, they are actually ruining the probability of their beloved KOTOR ever happening. Disney is powerful and doesn't need to cave in to a bunch of EU disgruntled fans who can't let go or can't find an eloquent way to persuade the studio that KOTR is something that GA doesn't know they need but they do. Studio is only going to double down on ignoring them and doing whatever they want to do. 

I'm convinced it's the alt right behind these campaigns.

They consistently hate Star Wars and the MCU for simply suggesting the population isn't 99% white and male (which is closer to 30% actually).

• Like 3

Infinity War is about to break the record for highest non holiday weekend ever and your all talking about James Cameron?

first to the punch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Sounds silly, did this happen with LOTR or POTTER.

Sounds like something fun for the mega fams to do but the GA wont care for it

I don't know if there were DH Part 1/Part 2 double features but I know there were marathons of all 8 movies. I imagine LOTR too.

As for this, yeah, I imagine there will be some theaters doing IW + A4 showings, but unless IW is at a minimal distance from Avatar already, I don't think that would be enough. And if anything, that would account for A4's box office singularly.

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

That's a good discussion point. Why is it so high? Is the audience too easly pleased by seeing stranged talking to man of iron?

I think TDK got its rating by being great, while IW got its through fandom.

I can understand loving a film but putting iw as a 10/10 just insults actual 10/10s.

I say this as someone who enjoyed the film.

I think it’s great, and that’s because out of 19 movies it actually does something new and different.

Hell, out of every superhero movie ever made, it does something new and different.  And audiences see this favorably.  The movie is completely unique, and the studio is being justifiably rewarded.

• Like 1