That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

Variety

http://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/avengers-infinity-war-box-office-third-weekend-win-1202807285/

Early estimates showed “Avengers: Infinity War” with about $16 million on Friday, its 15th day in theaters after grossing $486 million in its first two weeks. It should wind up the weekend at about $545 million — eighth on the all-time domestic list, ahead of “The Dark Knight” at $534.9 million.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'd say the meh-ish numbers for Life of the Party should tell Melissa McCarthy and Ben Falcone that they should stop collaborating on movies given the diminishing returns but they already have another movie together set for Christmas Day next year so...

The movies they make are cheap enough to be profitable hence why they keep getting greenlit, I do worry about Superintelligence because if Falcone isn't good enough to direct a normal comedy, he's going to be way out of his league with an action comedy. 

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

And the best ones are all with Paul Feig. Shame that nobody else can seem to give her good material like he can.

I'm surprised no one has approached Feig to do another action comedy, Ghostbusters wasn't great but he can handle a big budget film. 

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm surprised no one has approached Feig to do another action comedy, Ghostbusters wasn't great but he can handle a big budget film. 

I imagine it's only a matter of time until a Marvel gig comes calling.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

16M would be great. -49% from last week. I think it should pull bit ahead of that weekly drop with a better Sat increase than last week. 

No idea about Sunday since last week Sun drop was terrific yet possibly an outlier. Mother’s Day gonna be a wildcard, could go either way. 

• Like 1

Being so conservative on Life of the Party is gonna help me out big time because most people had it around 20M. Now I just need I Feel Pretty and Rampage to have those drops in the 20s to get a really good position

Edit I never updated my summer game lol

Edited by WrathOfHan

Melissa McCarthy has died down after Spy did well 3 years ago. Which was in my opinion her last good movie.

The Boss did fine but not spectular, and Ghostbusters was a wanabe tentpole for Sony. 

So Life Of The Party, I’m not surprised it’s becoming her lowest grossing film in a starring role.

27 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Variety

http://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/avengers-infinity-war-box-office-third-weekend-win-1202807285/

"Early estimates showed “Avengers: Infinity War” with about $16 million on Friday, its 15th day in theaters after grossing $486 million in its first two weeks. It should wind up the weekend at about $545 million — eighth on the all-time domestic list, ahead of “The Dark Knight” at $534.9 million."

CP1igFZ.gif

Edited by MrWhite
  • Like 2
  • Haha 15
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Still waiting for all those 10th Anniversary screenings announcements, Pink?

Hm...

I just saw it in IMAX as recently as last year but I'm always down. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrWhite said:

Hm...

I just saw it in IMAX as recently as last year but I'm always down. 

It's too bad this summer is looking to be massive cause I'm sure WB would've jumped on the opportunity to give it a big re-release if it was gonna be like summer two years ago (which was mostly filled flops and underperformers).

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

It's too bad this summer is looking to be massive cause I'm sure WB would've jumped on the opportunity to give it a big re-release if it was gonna be like summer two years ago (which was mostly filled flops and underperformers).

I wouldn't count out some Labor Day/early September IMAX re-release or something.

any early Friday number for Overboard?

my predictions based on the preview #s and forecasts.  

predictions.            IW Sat (-45.5%) from last Sat

Infinity War - 15.6 (+63%) 25.4 (-25.0%) 19.0 = 60.00 - 539.12

Life of the Party  0.70 + 4.5 + 6.3 + 7.5 = 19.00

Breaking In   0.615 + 3.5 + 4.7 + 5.2 = 14.015

I hope everybody is ready for A Quiet Place to be over Breaking In next week. Breaking In is dropping 60% MINIMUM, which would be 5.2M from a 13M weekend. If my 7M weekend for A Quiet Place pans out, a drop to 5.2M would be 26%. That's a bit high given Deadpool is opening, but with WOM monsters, nothing is impossible. Even if it doesn't overtake Breaking In next weekend, it'll be over both that and Life of the Party (which is also dropping 60% minimum) on Memorial Day weekend :lol: 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2