ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

Wow, Marvel may have the biggest stinker since The Incredible Hulk on their hands, especially comparisions to theatrical cut of Justice League are worrisome, it was terrible terrible film. 

Movie apparently has pacing issues and it can be boring for long times, poisonous recipe for legs in Box Office, opening will be huge like with any Marvel film thanks to the fanbase, but after that it may be not so good. 

If any of this will really end up being the case then it will be quite the dissapointment for me, I'm a big fan of Chloe, loved Nomadland and The Rider. 

Edited by Movie nerd
  • Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, Movie nerd said:

Wow, Marvel may have the biggest stinker since The Incredible Hulk on the hands, especially comparisions to theatrical cut of Justice League are worrisome, it was terrible terrible film. 

Movie apparently has pacing issues and it can be boring for long times, poisonous recipe for legs in Box Office, opening will be huge like with any Marvel film thanks to the fanbase, but after that it may be not so good. 

If any of this will really end up being the case then it will be quite the dissapointment for me, I'm a big fan of Chloe, loved Nomadland and The Rider. 

You bring 3 tweets of Scott Menzel and he likes the movie lol. He is the only one that compares with ZSJL (and he also liked that movie).

He only explain the weak parts for him because people asked, on his reaction itself which you didn't posted he said clearly the movie ended up being a great success overall bringing this unknown characters to the screen.

5 minutes ago, Movie nerd said:

Wow, Marvel may have the biggest stinker since The Incredible Hulk on the hands, especially comparisions to theatrical cut of Justice League are worrisome, it was terrible terrible film. 

Menzel is a disingenuous clown.  He gave the theatrical cut of JL  8.5/10.  Called it "great".  :rofl:

https://weliveentertainment.com/welivefilm/justice-league-review-the-most-fun-you-will-have-at-the-movies-all-year/

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

You bring 3 tweets of Scott Menzel and he likes the movie lol. He is the only one that compares with ZSJL (and he also liked that movie).

He only explain the weak parts for him because people asked, on his reaction itself which you didn't posted he said clearly the movie ended up being a great success overall bringing this unknown characters to the screen.

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

No, you may have some problems with reading comprehension, Scott in his thread clearly explained that he was comparing Eternals to theatrical cut of Justice League, also given his more deitaled opinion it's rather obvious that he sees this movie as mess. 

There are many reactions pointing out that the biggest problem with this film is very weak script. 

17 minutes ago, Movie nerd said:

No, you may have some problems with reading comprehension, Scott in his thread clearly explained that he was comparing Eternals to theatrical cut of Justice League, also given his more deitaled opinion it's rather obvious that he sees this movie as mess. 

There are many reactions pointing out that the biggest problem with this film is very weak script. 

Yeah i know and he gave JL an 8.5, the theatrical version, he like the movie even if it's flawed. So like i said he is comparing a movie he liked with another movie he liked.

And since you brought my reading comprehension to the table because i was questioning, i don't think there any problem with me. You came here some times today and all of them to say how bad the reactions are and how Marvel have a "stink in their hands", you also said something about how critics overall will probably give this a pass because they're "self made activists first" and now you say the same "oh they have a stinker" bringing 2 people opinions and 1 actually liked the movie but you only posted the convenient part.

Sorry but i just don't see how this is helping the discussion, we're all already saw and discussed that, to me it seems like you're only came here today to bring "bad news" and start the same discussion all over again. I'm finishing here because that's enough.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1

Its pretty obvious some people are leaning a certain way before the movie came out. Its then easy to find some type of confirmation bias. Just pick out a critic "you follow" or "trust" or who "aligns with your tastes" who hates/is confused/compares to JL/overlong/a mess/not engaging/to many characters/not enough backstory/popcorn did not taste good/soda had to much ice/chairs not comfy enough. Then quote them and feel like you have been vindicated. Case it that "you love Chloe" or "are a fan" and your off and running as someone who really "wanted to like it" but the movie had "to many issues".

Its different, some wont like it. Maybe give it a chance before tearing it down. I mean do we really want a bog standard Black Widow type with no ambition and is blah? Take a swing, annoy some and pave a new way and cross a few lines.

Edited by Ronin46
  • Like 3

I haven't read the reactions but if the people who are known for always praising mediocrity are not entirely happy with Eternals, than I'm very interested in this. I already thought it looked promising, but the jokes in the trailers were a huge turn off for me. Anyway even if it's not great for my taste I'll still root for Zhao at the box office.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm intrigued, based on the reactions. I haven't seen most MCU films, as the MCU (as a whole) is just not for me, though I do really appreciate the incredible work that goes into building a film universe.

So the sound of this having some moments of slower pace, focus on character, etc, is genuinely intriguing. Though, of course, it's hard to know what these comments mean exactly in the context of the MCU and social media reactions.

I'm going to wait and see what the full reviews suggest.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

That being said (and I am not saying that this one will end up there)...

Hide contents

Venom 2 is basically  MCU's first rotten film, right ?

Spoiler

Nah, the first rotten in the MCU is TASM2 :Venom:

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

I'm tempted to make a crazy club Eternals UNDER Shang Chi

You’re off your game man, compared to the BW and SC clubs this is nothing. Gimme under Venom at least ;) 

Edited by Let There Be Legion