antovolk

Destination Wedding | Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder | Could They Bring Back The Romcom? | August 24

I'm all for the unexpected resurgence of romantic comedies, but this would have to receive good reviews for me to be interested in it. Keanu Reeves seems to be giving a charmingly subdued performance here.

I think if there's anything wrong with what I saw in the trailer, it's some stale directorial choices.

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 1

There's a lot of comedies coming out in August (The Spy Who Dumped Me, Dog Days (to an extent), Crazy Rich Asians, and The Happytime Murders). But the good news is that this film isn't directly competing with any of them on the same weekend -- in fact, it'll be the only comedy on its own weekend. And recent weekends have sort of proved that comedies can coexist with each other theatrically under the right circumnstances; Blockers, I Feel Pretty, Super Troopers 2, Overboard, and Life of the Party are all doing relavitely well in a fairly crammed comedy landscape (although both I Feel Pretty and Life of the Party only have themselves to blame in regards to their ridiculously inflated budgets). This film looks cheap, so it may not have to do much to be a sleeper hit. And you know what? While it does look a bit dull, it does seem fairly harmless to me. I'm open to a pleasant surprise here, even if there's a really, really, really, really low chance of one.

2 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So this is what happens after John Wick 2 ending...He meets Winona and they both get a plane. 

It's also R rated, by the way.

This is actually what happens to Dr. Keanu from Something's Gotta Give 15 years after playwright Diane Keaton dumped him for manwhore Jack Nicholson. ;)

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Haha 2

I really hope this one turns out to be good. I'm always interested in good romantic comedies to watch at home and I obviously really like both of the actors here.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

YES!!!! Bring back the ROM COM!!!!!

Im a 25 year old man and I own How to Loose a Guy in 10 days on Blu ray. Bring it. 

I think it looks funny and I'm all for some good rom com.  

• Like 4