CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

15 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I preferred Deadpool 2 to Infinity War, I was more entertained.

My favourite worst box office prediction of all time from a box office website was The-Numbers predicting $15m opening weekend for Freddy Vs Jason and a $35m total. :lol: it opened to $36m. 

I think this was also good

9/8/2017 It $40,000,000 NEW $100,000,000 NEW   Warner Bros. / New Line
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I preferred Deadpool 2 to Infinity War, I was more entertained.

My favourite worst box office prediction of all time from a box office website was The-Numbers predicting $15m opening weekend for Freddy Vs Jason and a $35m total. :lol: it opened to $36m. 

I remember the old game Fantasy Moguls, they had a seasonal draft system, I picked Wild Hogs in the 6th round, they predicted a total gross of $35 million, it beat that opening weekend.

Just now, The Futurist said:

I thought Jurassic World doing 300m dom and 800m WW would be the high end for the film ...

:hahaha:

I said $285 million domestic for that. I also said $400 million total for The Force Awakens.

EC says middle of Rth range so around 53-54 for DP2 I guess. True Friday is similar to DP1. DP2 doesn't have the Sunday VD advantage so matching DP1's ow or even crossing 130 is not locked, but I think next weekend's hold will surprise. Even with "only" 125 ow I think it's looking at 315-320 if not more.

5 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Solo is going for an 150m+ 4-day weekend and it's getting that $1B ww. People underplaying the popularity of one of Star Wars most popular characters are nuts. It will be fine. 

It won’t even be close to 1 billion WW. 

Just as in the IW threads the meltdowns come from people shouting to others to “not be disappointed” and resorting to personal insults and shitposting. This actually seems even worse than the IW threads so I can’t imagine how the solo thread will be. There will be 1-2 disappointed people and about 100 people posting essays about why solo is doing great, asking for bans and being extremely rude.

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DonaldO46626071 said:

Wasn’t DP2 supposed to open at 150 million at one point ? What went wrong?

Nothing went wrong. Tracking had it at 130-150M and it will go in the lower range of that. Still has a good shot at breaking the R-Rated OW Record, depending on the Sat number.

55 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

On rewatch, Deadpool is super entertaining and fun for the first two acts, then kinda goes into generic superhero territory on act 3. Still better than say, the bottom half of the MCU. 

Isn't that the forbidden word lately for a movie wanting to be successful? :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Just as in the IW threads the meltdowns come from people shouting to others to “not be disappointed” and resorting to personal insults and shitposting. This actually seems even worse than the IW threads so I can’t imagine how the solo thread will be. There will be 1-2  4-5 disappointed trolling people and about 100 people posting essays about why solo is doing great, asking for bans and being extremely rude.

(correction)

12 minutes ago, DonaldO46626071 said:

Wasn’t DP2 supposed to open at 150 million at one point ? What went wrong?

Somebody even said that after the Thu night previews, following DP1 patterns, DP2 could even make 200M+ ow ... :sparta:

I guess anything below that, would be a huge disappointment. What to say if DP2 opens on the 120-130M ... end of the world is coming.

#notmydeadpool #boxofficecrumbling #marvelisdead #superherofatigue #youruinedmy...adulthood

(oh wait, this kind of crap only happens with Disney movies).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

If Friday really was depressed, expect massive Sat bumps all around. Otherwise, the burning smell of meltdowns can already be sensed :qotd:

20% sat bump from true friday would be nice. dp1 did 23%. imo the ow range is (using middle of Rth's Fri range),

18.6 + 35.0 + 42.0 (+20%) + 29.5 (-30%) = 125.1 ow

18.6 + 35.0 + 45.5 (+30%) + 34.0 (-25%) = 133.1 ow

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

(correction)

Nope an opinion that is different to yours , and I see that you have been gearing up for solo for weeks, is not trolling. Just because fanboys (of all franchises, films e.t.c) can’t take it doesn’t mean that it’s trolling.