CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

40.5 Sat, so Fox predicting a 23% Sunday

53.3 + 40.5 + 31.2 (-22.9%) = 125.0

UPDATED, Sunday AM: 20th Century Fox’s Deadpool 2 has slowed, but not in the worst way. While many predicted yesterday morning a weekend north of $130M for the sequel, Saturday turned out to be not so high coming in at $40.5M instead of the $45M+ and that puts the sequel’s weekend estimates at $125M per Fox (some see it lower at $122M-$123M). What Deadpool 2 doesn’t have that Deadpool had is a Sunday on a four-day holiday, a lovers’ weekend no less, and that did wonders to keep numbers high. At this level, Deadpool 2 is the second highest R-Rated opening after Deadpool ($132.4M) and ahead of It ($123.4M).

http://deadline.com/2018/05/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-2-weekend-box-office-opening-1202393815/

Edited by A2k Raptor
  • Like 2

That numbers puts the "dead" in "Deadpool". :Venom:

Spoiler

Except not, it's actually not bad.

Also, the fudge is real w/Super Troopers 2:

May 11–13 14 $982,594 -47.5% 1,379 -739 $713 $27,383,171

No way DP2 double showings helped that much.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

28 minutes ago, REC said:

It shouldn't, unless you're someone who thinks we're heading into a JL type situation.  I happen to think it will come under worst-case projections because I don't believe the audience demand is there, regardless of how past SW movies perform.  All movies in a series perform predictably, until they don't.

How are Solo presales now? There was all that jazz over it beating Black Panther's first 24 hours, but there hasn't really been anything since.

It's unfortunate Deadpool 2 didn't grow upon Deadpool 1. I can agree about it being an acquired taste, which I thankfully have. The second film plays out more like a glorified niche film.

Deadpool 1 had the benefit of opening on a 4-day holiday weekend that had two holidays. Deadpool 2 didn't.

Edited by Jay Beezy

34 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It really doesn't surprise me that it's looking like a portion of the first movie's audience (that likely checked it out due to curiosity) is staying away from this one. I like the Deadpool movies but they're definitely an acquired taste.

The difference in reactions I have seen haven't been anyone calling the movie bad. For Deadpool, the reactions were "You have to see this, it's unlike anything else". For this, it has been "It's good, but not as good as the first one". The reactions start from a defensive place.

• Like 4

Could go sub-125...can't say am not a bit under-whelmed after that 18.6 preview number. Didn't expect smaller preview to ow multi than AOU's 6.9x.

10 (-65%)

12 (+20%)

9 (-25%)

8.5 (-5.5%)

= 162.5