CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Sure about that? I’d say the majority think its better than the first based on what I’ve been reading.

Pretty much everyone in the WhatsApp group had the exact reaction I posted. All of them said it was good time, then quickly added not as good as the first one.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Nova what happened?  You've gone all Thrylos on us.

Europe and Australia are down a bit (some due to the wedding, heat and sport) but it's opened significantly bigger in Asia and Latin America markets

That OW crash is very telling to me. I'm just looking at the signs on the walls 

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The difference in reactions I have seen haven't been anyone calling the movie bad. For Deadpool, the reactions were "You have to see this, it's unlike anything else". For this, it has been "It's good, but not as good as the first one". The reactions start from a defensive place.

The ones saying it is worse than the first are lying going of course since the second is better in way including humor, action, cinematography, villain etc.  Too bad they are tricking themselves 

Just now, grim22 said:

Pretty much everyone in the WhatsApp group had the exact reaction I posted. All of them said it was good time, then quickly added not as good as the first one.

Wow, 5 people think this?  Clearly it must be the majority opinion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

84.4*1.5 = 126.6 ... OS should add that much if not more (low-balling). 1814 + 126 = 1940. Needs only 60 more dom for 2b after that.

But even conservatively I think 135+ more OS and 80 more Dom for 1814 + 136 + 80 = 2030 will happen.

Edited by A2k Raptor
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

It's going lower than IT. $121M OW for a $260M total. 

Probably gonna do less than $600M WW as well since those numbers aren't too hot either. 

Get off the pessimism high mate. It is not gonna have a 2.14x multi. That would be the 2nd worst multi in the foxmen universe second only to Wolverine Origins 2.12. It will also be worse than Fant4stic and the 3rd worst multi of all SH movies by major studios since 2000. 

Granted its unlikely that it will touch the 2.74 of the first part but its definitely not gonna do that bad. 300 requires just a 2.44x multi off of a 123m OW snd seeing its reception so far I think it can get there. The only competition it has in its first five weeks are Solo (looking weak) and Oceans 8 (not looking so hot either). 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

$125m for Deadpool 2 is surprising. 

Of course its surprising cause tracking was $130-150m. The trades are being reasonable in their reactions though. 

It’s definitely not great to decrease and miss tracking, but it’s still a solid opening. 

• Like 1

Deadpool beats Spider Man once again.  Crazy to think a D list superhero generates more revenue than A list combo movie of Spider Man and now A lister Iron Man.  

Maybe Sony should ask Warner Bros to borrow Batman in the next SM movie, maybe that'll help??

• ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 1

I mean 125M OW for Deadpool 2 is very good, never understood why they changed the release date to May 18th and not something like August or September (given IT's massive overperformance). Being placed between Avengers: Infinity War and Solo was never going to help it and Fox should have seen that with the massive hype Infinity War was carrying. All things said, these are still huge numbers and it will be highly profitable for Fox, my prediction was to open around first one (130-135M) but finishing below (310-315M). I really liked the movie (not as much as the first one) so I am glad it is doing very good. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Get off the pessimism high mate. It is not gonna have a 2.14x multi. That would be the 2nd worst multi in the foxmen universe second only to Wolverine Origins 2.12. It will also be worse than Fant4stic and the 3rd worst multi of all SH movies by major studios since 2000. 

Granted its unlikely that it will touch the 2.74 of the first part but its definitely not gonna do that bad. 300 requires just a 2.44x multi off of a 123m OW snd seeing its reception so far I think it can get there. The only competition it has in its first five weeks are Solo (looking weak) and Oceans 8 (not looking so hot either). 

I'm sure no one thought BvS would have a 1.99x either :thinking:

• Like 1