CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

Good news, indeed. Very strong Sunday hold for DP2, let's see how it holds on Memorial Day (it should hold solidly, even against Solo). I still think it can get to 300M. Nice for Book Club too, will probably come closer to 13M or even past that. And of course IW was underestimated, 35.5% Sun drop? C'mon Disney :hahaha: 30-25% range for sure. Hope for 25% just so it gets to 30M, but it is optimistic to expect a 10% rise in estimates, so I'll just go for middle of the range at 27% and call it a 29.7M weekend. Honestly, about as good a hold as IW could've had with DP2 opening (I never bought the sub-50% predictions).

For comparison:

Based on it's Sat Germany's Sunday seem to have been strongly underestimated too (counting for all movies)

= DP2 est. after Sat was 650.000 admissions for the we, now it looks to be 725.000 admissions for the we

Curious to see if that counts for other regions/countries too, and why incl weather

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

For comparison:

Based on it's Sat Germany's Sunday seem to have been strongly underestimated too (counting for all movies)

= DP2 est. after Sat was 650.000 admissions for the we, now it looks to be 725.000 admissions for the we

Curious to see if that counts for other regions/countries too, and why incl weather

Weather in the south was perfect cinema weather, at least 1/3 of the country was influenced.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Weather in the south was perfect cinema weather, at least 1/3 of the country was influenced.

Thank you, that is a bit strange, as:

I do live in the south, weather here was not that bad IMHO. A lot of sun too, Hubby worked a lot in the garden (not the whole day). I forgot to look into the weather report for the complete country yesterday

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Thank you, that is a bit strange, as:

I do live in the south, weather here was not that bad IMHO. A lot of sun too, Hubby worked a lot in the garden (not the whole day). I forgot to look into the weather report for the complete country yesterday

https://kachelmannwetter.com/de/sat/deutschland/satellit-nature-5min/20180520-1205z.html

Small parts of Bavaria seemed fine, but the rest was cloudy and fairly cold with a big rain band crossing from souh to north.

• Thanks 1

@MCKillswitch123 Deadpool 2 has 3rd biggest superhero OW of all time here, just below the first Deadpool and Avengers: Infinity War. Probably didn't beat the record because of the good weather combined with the big game on Sunday.

Everything else absolutely DIED tho.

http://www.ica-ip.pt/fotos/downloads/ranking_fds_17_a_20_maio_2018_6515b0295077d49e.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 3

18 minutes ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 Deadpool 2 has 3rd biggest superhero OW of all time here, just below the first Deadpool and Avengers: Infinity War. Probably didn't beat the record because of the good weather combined with the big game on Sunday.

Everything else absolutely DIED tho.

http://www.ica-ip.pt/fotos/downloads/ranking_fds_17_a_20_maio_2018_6515b0295077d49e.pdf

Yeah, we got full-out Summer weather this weekend (apart from a couple of thunderstorms, and even they brought hot air with them), probably didn't encourage a lot of people to go to theaters. The Sporting thing, though.... dear God :rofl:

Infinity War's run has been amazing, though. Shame it won't get to beat Suicide Squad (seems too far out of reach), but over BVS is a lock now, it seems. Dunno about Avengers 1 or Spider-Man 3, but it would be nice to see that too.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

Looking at 2017 CBMs, DP2 WW (which does not have China) could beat or gross similar to WONDR WW-China, GOTG2 WW-China, SMH WW-China, THOR3 WW-China, JL WW, Logan WW.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, baumer said:

Just got a text from Asgard himself:

DP2 will be about 31.5, IW underestimated and Book Club will have a way bigger Sunday that reported.  

Somewhere, out there, Tele is smiling at the power of his people.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, we got full-out Summer weather this weekend (apart from a couple of thunderstorms, and even they brought hot air with them), probably didn't encourage a lot of people to go to theaters. The Sporting thing, though.... dear God :rofl:

Infinity War's run has been amazing, though. Shame it won't get to beat Suicide Squad (seems too far out of reach), but over BVS is a lock now, it seems. Dunno about Avengers 1 or Spider-Man 3, but it would be nice to see that too.

That has happened a while ago. BvS finished with 290.000 tickets sold :lol: 

Avengers sold 250.000 tickets or so yeah :lol: 

Reaching Suicide Squad won't happen, tho. Especially after this weekend's drop. We don't hava data about Spider-Man.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CJohn said:

That has happened a while ago. BvS finished with 290.000 tickets sold :lol: 

Avengers sold 250.000 tickets or so yeah :lol: 

Reaching Suicide Squad won't happen, tho. Especially after this weekend's drop. We don't hava data about Spider-Man.

Oh, I didn't go by tickets, I simply checked the raw box office numbers through Box Office Mojo (which includes Angola, for whatever reason); IW hasn't reached BVS/Spider-Man 3/Avengers numbers yet :P

Shame about SS. Just the fact that it's a good movie makes it deserve better numbers than that piece of shit; the fact that it's borderline great is even more frustrating. Still a step up in every way from previous Disney MCU efforts, so there's that.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Oh, I didn't go by tickets, I simply checked the raw box office numbers through Box Office Mojo (which includes Angola, for whatever reason); IW hasn't reached BVS/Spider-Man 3/Avengers numbers yet :P

Shame about SS. Just the fact that it's a good movie makes it deserve better numbers than that piece of shit; the fact that it's borderline great is even more frustrating. Still a step up in every way from previous Disney MCU efforts, so there's that.

I tried watching SS, I couldn't get over the criminals talking about escaping/doing incredibly illegal stuff within hearing distance of the soldiers and none of the soldiers reacting just angered me. Hell that officer in the beginning was running along side Harley Quinn to giver her info about the Joker and there were like 5 soldiers around them