CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

All I know is that if I'm Ron Howard and can spend my time making a movie of my own choosing and you ask me to come save your franchise movie on an emergency basis...

Well, you're gonna be paying well above my top quote.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

When "rumors" popped up about how much Batman vs. Superman cost everyone was gleefully quoting the same sites as factual evidence in their little shit arguments they were having in the weekend and stan threads.  People will always use bullshit to back up their arguments the only difference is what do they stan.  

True. People have their favorite corporations and believe bad rumors accordingly. I remember when John Carter fans refused to believe the 300mil rumors and turns out before taxes it did cost 300mil instead of the final 263mil. Hell according the Disney stans the 250mil rumors were wrong.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

2 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

All I know is that if I'm Ron Howard and can spend my time making a movie of my own choosing and you ask me to come save your franchise movie on an emergency basis...

Well, you're gonna be paying well above my top quote.

That's the number that most interests me...how much did they pay Ron and was it all front end/set fee or is he getting a piece of the back?

13 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

When "rumors" popped up about how much Batman vs. Superman cost everyone was gleefully quoting the same sites as factual evidence in their little shit arguments they were having in the weekend and stan threads.  People will always use bullshit to back up their arguments the only difference is what do they stan.  

Budget
  • $300 million (gross)
  • $263 million (net)

https://www.filmla.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/2016_film_study_WEB.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_v_Superman:_Dawn_of_Justice

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

Han Solo is gonna be considered a bomb for the AGES next weekend. 

If you're trying to help convince me to not even post once in next weekend's thread, you're doing a terrific job. :kitschjob:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

TASM2 and TDKR increased. Wolverine pretty much severed all ties to Origins, so I’d hesitate to call it a sequel. You’re right, I did forget about Kick-ass 2 (but who the hell hasnt?).

yeah I edited after realizing you were talking about OW

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Solo is going for an 150m+ 4-day weekend and it's getting that $1B ww. People underplaying the popularity of one of Star Wars most popular characters are nuts. It will be fine. 

This is starting to sound like the arguments for Justice League. What's the path to 1 billion? If the split is nearly 50/50 US/OS like Rogue One, it's gonna need 500 DOM or close to to it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Solo is going for an 150m+ 4-day weekend and it's getting that $1B ww. People underplaying the popularity of one of Star Wars most popular characters are nuts. It will be fine. 

Where is this magic money going to be conjured from?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Webslinger said:

What exactly does Solo have to make - or be projected to make on Friday evening - to avoid meltdowns in next weekend's thread? ;)

Anything less than Deadpool 2's weekend will be enough to get the blood going in the thread.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

What exactly does Solo have to make - or be projected to make on Friday evening - to avoid meltdowns in next weekend's thread? ;)

Honestly, at this point a low OW seems so certain that it's not even gonna be that interesting if it happens. You're better off hoping it pulls a miracle and does like 150+ or something so then maybe you can get a meltdown from me if meltdowns is what you're after. 

4 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Where is this magic money going to be conjured from?

I mean it's the same guy who said Deadpool2 if opened in August can do 700M DOM. Sometimes you just have to see who's making these comments and take these statements with a grain of salt.