Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

18 minutes ago, Ithil said:

The DARK UNIVERSE is a how-to guide on everything to do wrong, by comparison. You could make a college class using it and the DCEU.

It is not the first time I see some people imply that the Dark Universe and the DCEU are about as successful, but it is always weird.

If Solo does go below 200m, Ant-Man 2 will definitely beat it. However, I don't think Ant-Man 2 is going to have a massive increase from the first one. I'm guessing it'll do around Thor 2 numbers (maybe a bit more domestically), which would be a really strong result.

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

17.9 (+27%)  

19.5 (+9%)  

18.5 (-5%)  

16 (-14%)     

70M 3-day, 86M 4-day      

This is not my actual prediction, but it is clearly at least on the table.

That would be half of its initial tracking from three weeks ago. Will end up one of the greatest mismatches between tracking and reality.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/solo-a-star-wars-story-tracking-1202796720/

Early tracking projections have placed Disney and Lucasfilm’s “Solo: A Star Wars Story” in the $170 million range for its four-day opening over Memorial Day weekend.

The first tracking estimates for the “Star Wars” origins story were released Thursday in the $165 million to $175 million range. Tracking measures were all elevated with unaided awareness at 28%, total awareness at 90%, definite interest at  55% and first choice at 13%.

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Killmonger > Green Power Ranger

BP females > Kirstin Dunst

BP drama > youse mess with one of us (forced 9-11 pandering)

BP set action set pieces > SM1

BP box office > SM box office

BP critical consensus > SM1 critical consensus 

Kendrick Lamar > Nickelback

AND A HERO WILL SAVE YOU. I'M NOT GOING TO STAND HERE AND WAYIEEEEEEET!

They played that shit so much that summer people were brainwashed into thinking SM1 could compare to Superman The Movie.

It doesn't.

I’m literally only taking about VFX lol. I love BP. I am certainly no Raimi stan.

16 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Congrats Mr. Broken Clock,

LMAO, i came *this* close to putting that in my gloat-post, but figured a clown would show up to do it soon enough.

Just throw it on the pile of things I'm right about around here. Big pile, btw. :)

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

A Ragnarok kind of increase from the first is also no guarantee either.  He’s never been a major buzz character and he hasn’t really had much exposure outside the first movie.

Granted it could also go over 200m, but I wouldn’t place it anywhere close to a lock.

But the MCU just had two $600M+ movies. A franchise so successful has never followed up with a flop.

Just now, MrGlass2 said:

But the MCU just had two $600M+ movies. A franchise so successful has never followed up with a flop.

I’m pretty sure you’re being sarcastic but just in case

TFA: 900m

RO: 500m

TLJ: 600m

Solo: ?

18 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

How is a franchise the most successful if the annual revenue is a fraction of MCU.

4 billion in a single year.

That's the definition of success.

Lets' see if the MCU is still around 5o years from now.

MCU..and I really like the MCU overall...is the flashy new stock which makes huge amounts of money but no one knows how long it will last;the

Bond franchise is the blud chip stock which keeps making profits year in and year out.

But I  note you are comic book nerd, and the whole universe for you revolves around Comic Book Movies.

Excuse us, but some of us like to occasionally see a movie not involving somebody with super powers...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Congrats Mr. Broken Clock, you were finally right this one time.

Yes, 5 months is too soon for franchise movies to be released alongside one another.

By the by, how far apart were Black Panther and Infinity War released from one another?  

/Loki "ooh" face emoji

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

MCU..and I really like the MCU overall...is the flashy new stock which makes huge amounts of money but no one knows how long it will last;the

Bond franchise is the blud chip stock which keeps making profits year in and year out.

But I  note you are comic book nerd, and the whole universe for you revolves around Comic Book Movies.

Excuse us, but some of us like to occasionally see a movie not involving somebody with super powers...

Based on your criteria the Superman franchise is 40 years old.

But that doesn't make it a top 5 franchise.

Just now, dudalb said:

They'll just reboot it like we've seen with other franchises.  

The overseas numbers are actually way more troubling.

At this point $500m+ worldwide is looking though.

It's most definitely going to lose money, with a $250m budget it needed at least $600m to break even, probably a lot more.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

MCU took 10 years to outgross 50 of Bond. Only need to stick around another 10 to remain ahead of Bond another 50 years from now. Longevity will only get you so far.