Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

You just missed the perfect opportunity to use a Lucille Bluth gif. ;)

I decided to block him or her instead. 

Anyway I'm waiting for some numbers from people with actual sources. Not fanboys who are just guessing.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

Even 28 seems like wishful thinking given the weekend. That's a 30% bump. 

EmpireCity thought that this weekend (or Fri/Sat specifically) would be a positive surprise looking at what I assume was presale numbers. We ended up getting a worse Friday than many were already expecting. Maybe Star Wars/Solo just has terrible walk up business?

Edited by kswiston
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, glazers said:

Exactly

giphy.gif

Related image

Would anyone complain if this thread suddenly became the Lucille Bluth gif thread? Jessica Walter deserves it anyway after being forced to endure that interview embarrassment with her co-stars this week.

Ugh at that audience score. With TLJ I could see it. It hit you like a ton of bricks how wrong the movie felt in so many ways. SOLO? Come on now! Good, fun movie!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I decided to block him or her instead. 

Anyway I'm waiting for some numbers from people with actual sources. Not fanboys who are just guessing.

Not a guess.  Some people try to figure things out themselves rather than depending completely on the only two other sources.

Well I am curious , after this thread, about how the new marry poppins film will do though having the smug face of Emily blunt filling the shoes of the Godess, divine Julie Andrews (the love of my life when it comes to actresses, Diana rigg as she appeared in OHMSS a close second) kind of disgusts me. I doubt that this will be the new beauty and the beast (which screamed success to me from the first teaser unlike this Mary poppins film) but we will see.

Anyway where the hell are the numbers ?

Just now, Thrylos 7 said:

Well I am curious , after this thread, about how the new marry poppins film will do though having the smug face of Emily blunt filling the shoes of the Godess, divine Julie Andrews (the love of my life when it comes to actresses, Diana rigg as she appeared in OHMSS a close second) kind of disgusts me.

Image result for devil wears prada emily blunt gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Ugh at that audience score. With TLJ I could see it. It hit you like a ton of bricks how wrong the movie felt in so many ways. SOLO? Come on now! Good, fun movie!

You know people said the same thing before if you put TFA for TLJ and TLJ for Solo?

Ugh at that audience score. With TFA I could see it. It hit you like a ton of bricks how wrong the movie felt in so many ways. TLJ? Come on now! Good, fun movie!

18 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I will always believe that Lord and Miller got a raw deal due to Kennedy's indecisiveness when it comes to the new Star Wars movies. I see it as karma that the film is bombing.

Someone who seems to skate by with the least amount of blame attached out of that whole situation is Lawrence Kasdan.  The indications are there that his being very territorial over the script, which was his writing swan song and his son's first truly major writing credit, played a big part in those two getting the boot.

• Like 3

Just now, junkshop36 said:

Emily Blunt is a GODDESS among mere mortals. She’s the only reason I’m even considering watching the Mary Poppins movie

If you dislike Emily Blunt, you probably dislike puppies too.

Image result for it is law gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Horner said:

Someone who seems to skate by with the least amount of blame attached out of that whole situation is Lawrence Kasdan.  The indications are there that his being very territorial over the script, which was his writing swan song and his son's first truly major writing credit, played a big part in those two getting the boot.

Also didn't get any of the blame for any of TFA's problems. JJ Abrams got the brunt of that (which yeah he's the director but Kasdan I'm sure had a huge influence being a co-writer over the story). 

1 minute ago, Horner said:

I will always say this movie would have benefited more from Kasdan crafting a story that would have allowed Lord and Miller to do what Taika Waititi did with Thor Ragnarok.

19 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Why Kevin is smarter than Kathy, he is not forcing a Hawkeye or Black Widow movie on anyone or at least until the time is right

“Forcing” like people will be forced to see either against their will? Please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Horner said:

Writers never get any blame in discussions about blockbusters for some reason. The director is the quarterback of films apparently. People expect them to answer for all the success and all the failures regardless of if there are additional people to praise or condemn.

For example, the same like 3 people have written most of the marvel movies.

Edited by Bobbybuilderton

8 minutes ago, Horner said:

That's true.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobbybuilderton said:

Writers never get any blame in discussions about blockbusters for some reason. The director is the quarterback of films apparently. People expect them to answer for all the success and all the failures regardless of if there are additional people to praise or condemn.

In Solo's case he was also the producer.

4 minutes ago, Bobbybuilderton said:

Not really. Same writing duo did the Cap films plus IW and upcoming A4, or 5 flicks. That’s it in terms of credited writers. 

• Like 1