Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

1 minute ago, Kraken said:

The creators are on record saying that "themes are for college essays". So not a surprise character/plot/thematic consistency is not a concern for them.

Oh, really? Didnt know that. Eh, that explains some things.

I kinda feel sad for Ron Howard because he probably took this gig on because he figured it would be an easy moneymaker after everything he's made this decade has been a non-starter (Rush was a good movie but no one saw it).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kraken said:

The creators are on record saying that "themes are for college essays". So not a surprise character/plot/thematic consistency is not a concern for them.

Sounds like the perfect guys to do a Star Wars trilogy then lol.

• Haha 1

It doesn't matter when Deadpool 2 came out it was NEVER matching the first film domestically because it's a comedy sequel. Would it have done better? Sure but the predictions of it doing better than the first were always fantasy. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

It doesn't matter when Deadpool 2 came out it was NEVER matching the first film domestically because it's a comedy sequel. Would it have done better? Sure but the predictions of it doing better were always fantasy. 

Yeah, for a comedy sequel, it's actually holding onto its audience better than most.

51 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Seasons 1-4 were masterpieces. Nearly flawless imo. With Season 5 began the "downfall" into very good-territory and Season 7 was kinda disappointing for me. Im a book nerd though, so that plays a role too.

Consistency-wise, Avatar: The Last Airbender and Breaking Bad are near the top imo. Widening the spectrum outside the US, some Japanese shows like Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood or (for me) Attack on Titan are also damn near perfect.

I would call it trash but I'm afraid my trashcan would be offended 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I might go again tonight with a friend, thought I better book (even for the 22.30 showing). I needn't have bothered, the second biggest screen is currently show 4 seats booked out of 300ish. I saw the same showing for IW (latest saturday opening WE), and that had over 50 seats booked and about half were full by the showing.

I don't even know what comparison to use for Book Club.  It's got such a different audience than most other films out right now.  I can only assume that whatever it does today, it will do at least that on Sunday.  So just guessing here, but could we see 35% increase today to 3.6 and a 10 mill three day? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, REC said:

I'm gonna point out, I said this was a rumor a week ago (production cost over 300m) and I got mocked for making up rumors.  Glad they're admitting to it.  It's good to be right, again, about how this movie cost way too much and is unlikely to make its money back... during its theatrical run or any time after including merchandising.

The parallels to JL are very tangible.  A big mess is a big mess.

But unlike JL......Solo is actually a good movie.