Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

11 minutes ago, YLF said:

I phrased what I said incorrectly. Im sure it will be a successful film. But like the OP said it will probably mostly appeal to kids and MCU fans. But older GA audience maybe not so much.

I think back to that CIVIL WAR screening I went to where kids there went nuts the most for Ant-Man. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

None of these people are ever really to blame for the failure of their tentpoles. It's always just a case of bad luck. 

It was hilarious when T:g producers blamed her for failure. Exchange her for Scarlett or Hemsworth, it still would have been a flop. 

13 minutes ago, YLF said:

I phrased what I said incorrectly. Im sure it will be a successful film. But like the OP said it will probably mostly appeal to kids and MCU fans. But older GA audience maybe not so much.

Michael Douglas and MICHELLE PFEIFFER bless up

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Premium George said:

It was hilarious when T:g producers blamed her for failure. Exchange her for Scarlett or Hemsworth, it still would have been a flop. 

I dunno Hems woulda been a fun Sarah Connor

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Solo's preview to ow multiplier fell in line with the newer SW movies,

TFA 4.35 (unreal anticipation and a mind-blowing 57 in previews)

RO 5.3 (being a spin-off helped and did smaller numbers than TFA, TLJ)

TLJ 4.9 (solid multiplier honestly. good increase from TFA with still huge 45 previews. rest of the run did not hold up as well legs-wise)

Solo 5.9 (6% mem-day sun drop helped and much smaller numbers indicate less anticipation)

Edited by A2k Raptor
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

Solo's preview to ow multiplier fell in line with the newer SW movies,

TFA 4.35 (unreal anticipation and a mind-blowing 57 in previews)

RO 5.3 (being a spin-off helped and did smaller numbers than TFA, TLJ)

TLJ 4.9 (solid multiplier honestly. good increase from TFA with still huge 45 previews. rest of the run did not hold up as well legs-wise)

Solo 5.9 (6% mem-day sun drop helped and much smaller numbers indicate less anticipation)

wiTh So lOw NumBeRs, iT wiLl be BackLoaDed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It will be satisfying to the multiple X-Men Apocalypse fans out there

R1fdEt3.gif

this thread is the first, last and only chance apoc fans get to brag about their glorious 540+ global run. praise be apocalypse!

Spoiler

it did a big 3.05x it's 178 prod budget ww (544) so fans should brag more but dat drop off from dofp (748 on 200 prod budget) dampens them.

Just now, NCsoft said:

WOW, this thread is really going to be one of the all-time weekend top page count list. 

The power of Star Wars is undeniable, even when the film is flopping.

290 pages, 83.3 ow. 0.29m return per page and decreasing. this thread will not recover the costs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

WOW, this thread is really going to be one of the all-time weekend top page count list. 

ESPECIALLY when the film is flopping

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, A2k Raptor said:

290 pages, 83.3 ow. 0.29m return per page and decreasing. this thread will not recover the costs.

It will recoup in 2019 when the merchandise (I am thinking t-shirt and coffee cup) and song about it will start to be sold.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It will recoup in 2019 when the merchandise (I am thinking t-shirt and coffee cup) and song about it will start to be sold.

i would buy a t-shirt and coffee cup quoting posts from this epic thread.

9 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Hey, at least the movie will be remembered for something aside from its behind-the-scenes troubles.

48 minutes ago, IceFire9yt said:

Lets just appreciate how ridiculously good a position Marvel is in right now.

-Massive (and growing!) fanbase, rivaled only in size by Star Wars and Harry Potter, that is united and happy.  Also younger than, say, DC and Star Wars, which means a bright future in the longer term.

-Also able to pull huge numbers from casual fans/general audiences.  The fact that the MCU has the two highest Saturdays of all time (inflation adjusted), surpassing both Jurassic World and TFA is beyond impressive.  I mean, an interconnected franchise 21 movies deep, able to draw in more casual audiences than a crowd-pleaser like Jurassic World?  The MCU has both- the appeal to casual audiences and a massive hardcore fanbase- and that's a very powerful combination.

-Internationally, the MCU is very strong in the two largest markets in the world (China and the US), and dominates basically every growing market- Asia, Latin America, heck even in Africa BP and IW shattered records.  The markets they're weak in are the ones that are stagnating or shrinking.  Just looking at this, and the relative youth of its fanbase, leads me to believe that the MCU has not yet peaked (at least not worldwide).

I feel like these declaratory statements are over the top and only rolled out in hindsight. 

MCU has to contend with post-Infinity War 2 and if people are interested in whatever else there is to come. And if it doesn't, then these sentiments would be forgotten, and it was always destined to drop or whatnot. 

What was the average Solo prediction? I wanted it to fail, and even then I thought maybe SW fans are too undiscerning and predicted over $300m. So, suddenly, everyone knew no one wanted Solo etc.? Maybe the sentiment was there, but you never know until the big day comes how the public at large reacts.